“1st night in Alexandria”
Review of Wharf Restaurant

Wharf Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Wharf Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 757 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Old Town
Transit: Free trolley from Metro stop to the Wharf and transit stop 1 block from restaurant.
Description: History has been written inside the walls of the Wharf, with its 1790's style architecture featuring original wood columns and beams that are charred black from a Civil War fire. Since 1971, satisfied diners have been heading to The Wharf in Old Town for whole Maine lobster, local soft shell crabs and prime steaks and chops. The restaurant has recently been renovated and remodeled and the menu updated to include many contemporary seafood items along with their traditional Chesapeake Bay creations. Our 2nd floor Dining Room is perfect for Banquets and Private Parties. Can seat up to 60 people.
Bangkok, Thailand
“1st night in Alexandria”
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Food is delicious. Service is friendly and helpful. Oysters half shell is something you do not want to miss.

Ningxia, China
“No pop!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We went to the Wharf for Valentines. Honestly, it was good. Unfortunately, I can't say this was an exceptional meal. The 3 of us all had appetizers and main dishes, drinks, etc, and the bill came to $240 with tip. Now, I don't mind paying for excellent food, but this was just sub par. I could have gotten the same food, experience, tastes if I ordered the steak and lobster tail at Outback Steakhouse. And I could have walked away spending a lot less money. I think that this place was a high end place in the 70s/80s, but with all the other restaurants out there, they need to do one of two things - either change the menu to bring it up to a level where $80 per person is worth it. Or lower the price.

• Visited February 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Restaurant week lunches”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Stopped here my second day of a week long visit to Alexandria. It was late lunch hour and there where not many patrons inside. I was seated quickly, the server was attentive. Water and bread came quickly. I elected to have only a lite lunch and chose the she crab soup. It also arrived quickly. Although it was tasty, crab was somewhat lacking and the temperture was lukewarm. Althought tasty, it was not as good as it could have been with a bit of work by the kitchen. I rate this as a neutral as I would have to have to spend more time here tp rpoperly evaluate it.

Visited January 2013
Huntington Beach, California
“Popular place”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

while in town for business we ate here one night. I had the maui-mahi which was a good size and tasty. Another person had crab cakes, yet another had the surf/turf combo, all of which they really liked. I had the side of grilled vegies which were over seasoned and mushy. I wouldnt get those again. The place was pretty noisy. Prices were very high for what we ordered. We went to Old Ebbits in DC the next night which was much better.

• Visited January 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Delicious and fairly priced”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

They had a $39 special for an appetizer, entree, and dessert. I was delicious. Margaritas were great, seafood is wonderful. Definitely a spot to eat while visiting!

Visited January 2013