“Come for the pizza”

Dining options: Reservations
Washington, DC, USA
“Come for the pizza”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Disclosure: I haven't eaten anything but pizza here. However, I think they have the BEST pizza in Old Town. As other folks have said, this place is not big in atmosphere and during peak times (especially Friday nights) can be quite noisy. But if you're in the mood for some really tasty pizza coupled with some firendly service, this place is for you.

• Visited April 2013

United States
“Good, but very noisy and could use a good cleaning”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I met up with friends at this restaurant and I'll give you the pros. First, the food was good and everyone enjoyed their meal. Secondly, there was plenty of parking around the restaurant and with the parking garage in the back. Third, it's right next to Williams-Sonoma which is a huge bonus in my book. Also, it's a good place to go if you have small children because if they start screaming or are loud, it's not a problem as the restaurant is loud to begin with. Also, I think the prices are fair. Ok, the cons are that yes, it can be loud, so if you want a romantic dinner, this is not going to be it-it's causal, good Italian food. Additionally, there isn't much atmosphere, just tables and booths and a bit cramped for larger parties unless you get the tables by the bar in front. Lastly, I felt that the restaurant, walls, furniture, and bathrooms could use a good cleaning. It just seemed that it was a bit dingy and in need of some TLC which always concerns me in a place that is serving food. If it looks dirty where I'm eating, what does it look like in the kitchen? Overall, I wouldn't go here again because if I'm spending the money to go out to eat, I like a cleaner place with some more ambience.

• Visited April 2013
“Noisy”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Good food and service, but it can be noisy. The daily lunch specials are well worth considering. Parking is good. Sidewalk service is on South Washington Street which can be a bit loud with the traffic.

• Visited July 2012
Alexandria, Virginia
“This is a great Old Town restaurant”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I love this place as much for its food as I do for it's location. Off of King St. and on Washington - this place has a free parking garage around the back. Sometimes Old Town is a drag just based on parking. I've had consistenly good meals here. Homemade pasta is excellent. Pizza is good. Specials are really good. My only complaint is that sometimes I order something one time and it tastes and is made a certain way and then I order it again and it's a little different - maybe just as good and maybe not. Highly recommend.

• Visited January 2013
“Great pizza”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This is the best place around here for pizza; we've had it several times and it is always great. The appetizers are pretty limited. The meatball sliders are average. I wish they had garlic bread. My wife loves their carciofi dip with toasted bread. Always excellent service. Sometimes a little noisy in the back part of the restaurant if it's crowded. Overall a great place to eat.

• Visited January 2013