“Sometimes you want something familiar”
Review of IHOP

IHOP
Ranked #359 of 769 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I am a big breakfast at any time fan. When my daughter said she was willing to walk the 4 miles to this IHOP you can bet the stakes were high. Our server Nardi was very friendly and even double checked to make sure what my daughter wanted was available, it wasn't listed on the menu. Nardi was quick to get our drinks and refills, the food came quickly and it was just what we were needing. And now we know which bus to catch if we decide to come back. We are on vacation.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

The quintessential place to have breakfast! We ate here 3 times in a week and it was consistantly good with great waitresses. Love the variety of combinations you can have and their flexibility to do substitutions when possible.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

This review is for the IHOP in Potomac Yards shopping center.

My girlfriend normally likes IHOP, and she got a coupon from IHOP for her birthday for a free entrée. The staff at this location took the coupon, said that they would deduct the price from our meal, and they just threw it away (apparently) and charged us the full price anyway, without explaining why.

My girlfriend got the “Crispy Chicken Salad”, which was supposed to be Romaine lettuce with tender grilled chicken breast, but turned out to be nothing more than a bed of cheep Iceberg lettuce with old frozen chicken that was more breading than meat. I could have gotten a better salad at a fast food joint. The pancakes were rubbery and unappetizing, and the “smokehouse” wiener was just a cheep hotdog wiener cut in half and fried. The hash browns were cold, greasy, and tasted like they had been frozen.

I’ve gotten bad service every time that I’ve come here. I don’t know what I keep coming back evey six months or so hoping that they would improve, just to be disappointed again.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

The food was better than expected. It was clean and there was no grill smell. Everyone was nice. Expectations were low but we had a nice breakfast.

Reviewed December 28, 2011

clean-up is slow but turnover and wait time is acceptable.