“Great brunch and great location”

Two Nineteen Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Two Nineteen Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #109 of 768 Restaurants in Alexandria
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Old Town
Cross street: Fairfax Street
Transit: King St. Metro [
Description: Housed in a historic 19th century townhouse blocks from the waterfront, 219 has for 40 years been a beacon for the most authentic gourmet creole experience possible outside of greater New Orleans. Executive Chef Marcus Olson has taken things one step further and introduced a truly unique gourmet butcher experience--USDA Prime steaks dry-aged 21 days in house and cut to order to your exact specifications. Your meal is complemented by a 750+ bottle wine list and a massive whiskey selection. We offer private dining rooms in addition to our elegant main floor, and offer tasting menus custom-tailored to your preferences. After your meal, you can unwind in our spacious second story lounge and be entertained by world class blues music most nights of the week. Whether your taste runs towards alligator and etouffee, or to succulent aged steaks, we invite you to rediscover your favorite Old Town institution.
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Stumbled upon this restaurant walking around Alexandria and glad we did. Had a great brunch; service was very friendly; and the food was very good. The restaurant has a very interesting design/layout with a nice covered patio/porch area just off the sidewalk and entrance. And then inside is a very interesting building with rooms and nice staircase. I would definitely go back for brunch and if back in the area, I would look forward to trying it for dinner.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I lived in Old Town most of my adult life. About three years ago, my wife and I decided to move out to Middleburg to indulge my passion for all things equine. While I don't miss the traffic, the snobbishness of temporarily-transplanted poltical hacks or the noisome politics of DC, I certainly do miss 219. The food was always great (and reasonably priced for the setting) and the music in the upstairs cigar lounge on the weekends was something else. Many were the nights, whether sultry summer or frigid winter, spent in cozy relief sipping on fine cognac and smoking excellent cigars while listening to the best blues and jazz that can be had in the area. However, for those who find cigar smoking offensive, don't go there. In fact, do us all a favor and take your self-righteous snobbery and health-conscious hypocrasy somewhere else, you don't belong here.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I really don't want to rate this place poor as I guess the servers were trying. However, honest rating makes this website unique.

We stopped by this place without doing research as we were in a rush to visit a museum in D.C. We had Jambalaya and the portion was really small compared to other restaurants with the same price. I also thought the crawfish omelette may taste extraordinary. It was just a regular omelette with small piece of crawfish in between and with yellow creamy sauce on top. Nothing special for the price paid for. Also, the servers have ego-issue to serve customers.

1  Thank Clairey_world
Reviewed August 19, 2013

At the recommendation of the cigar store owner next door I went to the cigar bar and had a most pleasant evening. Although a bit pricey the wine was wonderful and the leather sofas were welcome after a long day walking thru museums. Jamie was an excellent server and remembered my name throughout the evening. If you don't like cigars you should still give this a try- I lived in south Louisiana many years and as others have said the setting was reminiscent of the older homes converted to restaurants in New Orleans. I will be back!!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I went here for a private function and service was not that great. The waitress didn't know who ordered what and overall instructions were just not followed, for instance if you request melted butter the butter should be melted and you should not be given butter in the shape of flowers. Also if you on eat meat no meat should be in your food as you requested. I got the steak well done, but noticed that it was too chewy and tough and thought it was because I ordered well done but didn't want to really complain an make a scene at the event. Not to mention my mashed potatoes tasted like boxed potatoes, they were running towards my steak, they couldn't have even bothered to get real russet potatoes for the mashed potatoes, my collard greens were not in better shape. The salad was good though, that seemed to be made fresh. And the decor was very nice.