“Great place !!!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Old Town
Cross street: King Street
Transit: King Street Metro. Trolley it from King Street Metro- The free trolley will operate seven days a week from 11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. Approximately every 20 minutes, riders can board at the King Street Metro, near the Waterfront, or at one of many other stops. The closest stop to the restaurant is one block away, at King and St. Asaph Streets.
Description: Restaurant Eve has one intention: to bring everything together in perfect harmony-ingredients, cooking techniques, presentation, and that ephemeral, indescribable characteristic that we call soulfulness. We purchase from farms that share our values of quality and sustainability, and showcase the best hand-fed, farm-raised, organically grown bounty Virginia and the surrounding countryside have to offer. Herbs and fruits are gathered from our own garden and everything on our menu has a story, every ingredient is special. From the various offerings of house-made products (which include 7-9 various breads baked daily and artisanal cheeses); to the roster of craft cocktails, by cocktail authority Todd Thrasher; to our carefully chosen ingredients, everything signals a seriousness and reverence for the farmers, crafters, and all the culinary professionals who wish to bring you beautiful food. Restaurant Eve, named after the husband and wife duo's first child, is located in Old Town, Alexandria, listed by many travel sites as one of the most romantic towns in America, 10 minutes from Washington DC, Restaurant Eve is housed in a late 1800's historic warehouse that has been converted into a charming and sophisticated destination. The cobblestone path leading to the restaurant's entrance is lined with candles that set the tone of what is to come. Inside, the space is simultaneously stylish, cozy and refined-a place where special occasions are fondly remembered.
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I love the food at Restaurant Eve and try to eat there as often as possible. This restaurant is highly rated by all who have eaten there.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary here in the Tasting Room. I chose the Chef's selection and my wife chose her own. We both selected their wine pairings. The attention to detail and service is exemplary. Right down to a personalized menu for each of us and an Anniversary gift presented at the end of the meal. There are an amazing number of staff and yet they did not stand over you. The food was very good, if not a little pretentious. There was not anything I thought I had to have again, but I am pleased I had the experience. Pleasantly, the use of mobile phones is prohibited in the Tasting room.

1  Thank Allan B
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Yes, it was worthy of bragging! Sea bass, by another name and it was delicious. The best I have had! My wife had beef which was also very good. We went to the Bistro for the three course price fixe dinner. Not only was the food exceptional, but the service was exemplary. Our server appeared less experienced than some of the others but she was seamlesssly assisted, gently coached and was clearly part of the team effort to deliver outstanding service. The attention to detail and a continual flow of water in the water glasses facilitated a romantic anniversary celebration for me and my wife.The happy anniversarychocolate slivers and complimentary scone mix were nice touches. I have already recommended this restaurant to friends and I would definitely return to it.

1  Thank Aubrey P
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Eve is a place that cares about what you are eating (locally sourced top quality ingredients). The food is always good and the kitchen and staff expertly trained. However, the options tend to be on the heavier side and don't expect anything truly remarkable or mindblowing (a la 5* International Cuisine). It is great, nevertheless.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

This was a great find by my wife for my Birthday. The attention to detail, the quality, service and atmosphere was perfect.

It started with a menu that included personal birthday wishes, which was provided as a momento. We chose the tasting room, where we had the chef and sommelier select our 5 courses and wine parings.

You can't go wrong for a romantic meal, where you are provided perfect service and unique food.