“Good, but once was great”
Review of Restaurant Eve

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Old Town
Cross street: King Street
Transit: King Street Metro. Trolley it from King Street Metro- The free trolley will operate seven days a week from 11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. Approximately every 20 minutes, riders can board at the King Street Metro, near the Waterfront, or at one of many other stops. The closest stop to the restaurant is one block away, at King and St. Asaph Streets.
Description: Restaurant Eve has one intention: to bring everything together in perfect harmony-ingredients, cooking techniques, presentation, and that ephemeral, indescribable characteristic that we call soulfulness. We purchase from farms that share our values of quality and sustainability, and showcase the best hand-fed, farm-raised, organically grown bounty Virginia and the surrounding countryside have to offer. Herbs and fruits are gathered from our own garden and everything on our menu has a story, every ingredient is special. From the various offerings of house-made products (which include 7-9 various breads baked daily and artisanal cheeses); to the roster of craft cocktails, by cocktail authority Todd Thrasher; to our carefully chosen ingredients, everything signals a seriousness and reverence for the farmers, crafters, and all the culinary professionals who wish to bring you beautiful food. Restaurant Eve, named after the husband and wife duo's first child, is located in Old Town, Alexandria, listed by many travel sites as one of the most romantic towns in America, 10 minutes from Washington DC, Restaurant Eve is housed in a late 1800's historic warehouse that has been converted into a charming and sophisticated destination. The cobblestone path leading to the restaurant's entrance is lined with candles that set the tone of what is to come. Inside, the space is simultaneously stylish, cozy and refined-a place where special occasions are fondly remembered.
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The first time I went to R.E. was probably six years ago. All I remember from that night was eating so much amazing food that I thought I would never need to eat again. I was also quite drunk from drinking my body weight in wine.
The second time, I went with really high expectations and it didn't quite live up to what I had remembered. It was a special occasion and I really felt let down (also because it was pricey).

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Wonderful food combinations. Outstanding dining experience though you will pay for it. I will go back again. Great ambiance for anniversaries and etc.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We had read about Eve in various food magazines but nothing prepared us for the lovely dinner experience that we had on a Monday night.

Eve is understatedly located on South Pitt Street. While a simple glass window provides a view into the bar area, the restaurant entrance is slightly hidden behind a delicately lit pathway of antique lights and ivy plants along the walls. We were greeted promptly and professionally for our dinner reservations in The Bistro. Eve certainly gives a flawless 5-star presentation with the candlelit presentation, select vintages on display in the glass case, and the waiters and waitresses in perfectly tailored black suits. However, this 5-star service lacks the pretense and snobbery of many fine dining establishments. The service is friendly and knowledgeable making outstanding recommendations if requested (complete with seasonal pairings, ingredient explanation, etc.), and if you're quick, you'll catch their sense of humor.

We dined on the Maryland crab cake, arctic char, branzino, and polished off with a Tahitian vanilla pot de creme. The latter of the two (branzino, and pot de creme) were certainly the highlights of the evening. Each of these dishes was a work of art so much so that we couldn't even start eating when the dishes arrived ... oh, and yes, you will fight over the Tahitian vanilla pot de creme!

Drinks? The wine list is extensive, but not confusing and can easily be matched to any of their dishes. The cocktails are equally divine here as they are at their exclusive PX. For a dreamlike experience, Restaurant Eve takes top prize and delivered like no other establishment in the DC area. We look forward to returning for a Tasting Menu experience.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband surprised me with dinner at Restaurant Eve for my birthday this year. We did the 5 course surprise menu in the chef's tasting room. The service was incredible and I loved their cocktails. The best part about our surprise 5 course meal was that my husband and I each got something different so we essentially got to taste 10 different dishes. Every course was delicious and beautiful!! I highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was prepared to be critical of this restaurant because of the dreaded inaccurate reviews that had characterized the restaurant as overly pretentious and the pricing terribly expensive.
I found the staff to be formal but not all pretentious and my wife and I marvelled at some the dishes. I found some of the wine choices to be a reach and wondered whether the choices were not the most suitable accompaniments. It is a very expensive and formal setting and if you find it pretentious then perhaps you should go somewhere else. Overall a very good experience that leaves a dent in your wallet but it is more than compensated by the look in my wife's eyes.