“Thanksgiving Meal was great!”

Laporta's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Laporta's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 767 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dangerfield
Transit: King Street Metro one block away
Description: Laporta's restaurant is the ideal place for extraordinary food in a casual, comfortable setting. Laporta's has an attentively serviced contemporary dining room perfect for a romantic evening out or any other special occasion, combined with an adjoining intimate Jazz lounge. Relax and listen to the live jazz featured nightly. The lounge has the warmth and friendly feel of a local's bar yet with the same excellence of service and consistency of food quality that defines our dining room and exemplifies the restaurant as a whole. The menu features inventive fresh seafoods and hearty pastas complemented by the provincial-style desserts of Margaret Laporta. New outdoor terrace with dining daily until 11pm. DOG friendly!
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We were seated at our reservation time. Our server Laurie was very attentive. I was a little concerned when I first walked in and I saw a Football game on the TV. Luckily we were sat on the other side of the restaurant and I did not have to compete for my husband's attention :-). It was nice to be able to ask for "seconds". Everything tasted good. I look forward to returning!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We took a large group(12) of our friends there for dinner
Food was great and service was excellent! A good place to keep on our list

Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

Came here on a Friday evening. No problem getting a table without reservations. Quick, attentive service. Fresh food in reasonable portions.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We were meeting family from out of town and chose Laporta's for Sunday brunch. I struggle with brunch menus since I eat an early breakfast and don't care to eat breakfast twice. The full menu is available on Sunday as well as a prix fixe 3 course brunch menu. I chose the seafood crepes on the brunch menu with a salad and dessert. The salad was perfection! The greens were icy cold with chanterelle mushrooms and dried beets with a sweet dressing drizzled on it. The crepes were good and came with wonderful berries! I choose the strawberry dessert fleurette which was also amazing! This restaurants shines in the fresh produce it uses! Our service was wonderful as we also had mimosas and coffee. We were comfortably left to talk for 2 hours! Great place to get together!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

The music of Sharen Clark was amazing and the food and dessert were fantastic! Would definetly dine there again and recommend it to friends.