“The best”
Review of House of Dynasty

House of Dynasty
Ranked #55 of 763 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Quite simply the best Chinese food I have ever had. I've been going here since I moved to Northern Virginia back in 1998. I've seen moved a little further away from Alexandria, but I still try to get here every month or so. The beef and broccoli or chicken with broccoli is my absolute favorite. I'd eat this every day if I could. Reservations are accepted and recommended during the weekend and peak dining hours. Try it and enjoy.

There are newer reviews for House of Dynasty

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Yes, after the meal, warm towels are brought around. It's a stunning end to an amazing meal. Start with a well-rounded menu. Actually, if you prefer, start by calling ahead to order the Peking Duck, which will take 20-30 minutes and is worth every second of waiting.

Move on to the presentation of the food, which involves a group of waiters preparing your first serving and plating it in front of you. Mu Shu has never been so precisely rolled in its pancake, with just a dab of plum sauce. Double for that Peking Duck. Even noodle dishes will be served as if they were strands of gold.

The service never stops. After our last meal, all of the leftovers were taken and boxed for us. I removed my container from the bag, as I was traveling in a different car. An attentive waiter immediately brought me my own bag. :)

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I've been eating at the House of Dynasty since the day it opened in 1985. In fact, my family was one of their very first customers. I can't say enough good things about this restaurant. Fantastic Hunan flavors; dishes - reasonably priced - along with a superb staff. They never disappoint and to this day - over 25 years later it's a once a week staple in my family.
I can never eat at another Chinese restaurant because I always compare it to House of Dynasty. Eat here - you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stopped here passing through the DC area after reading reviews on Trip Advisor - we wondered why a Chinese restaurant was a top ranked eatery in this area - and were not disappointed. We walked into a clean, pleasantly arranged dining room, which was full of families and couples on dates (including us), and noticed everyone was smiling - great sign. The waiter was friendly and knowledgeable and the food was delicious. My wife had the sesame chicken - white meat, very tender, and I had shrimp with lobster sauce - the shrimp were huge and the vegetables fresh.

We were happy with our visit, and will be back - with our kids....

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have lived in this area over twenty years and this has always been our favorite restaurant. It sits at the end of a small shopping center on Telegraph Road next to Hayfield High School. It's not impressive on the outside, but inside the decor is nice, the staff are very friendly and attentive, and most of all the food is very good and moderately priced for the DC area. We started coming here when our girls were small and they're now both in college and still want to eat here when they are home from school. The staff know us by name and even remember what we usually order. Whenever anyone asks me for a restaurant recommendation, this is the first the place I tell them to go.