“Great food & drink”

Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Old Town
Cross street: Washington St.
Transit: Free King Street Trolley, serving King Street from the Potomac River waterfront to the King Street Metro station from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily
Alexandria, Virginia
“Great food & drink”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I went to this restaurant for the first time for the white sangria, and found it to be possibly the best I have had. It was refreshing, without being overly sweet. I liked it so much I went back the next day with friends, and we ordered 10 tapas and the red sangria. All of the tapas were amazing, and they had some very creative combinations of food. The red sangria was also wonderfully refreshing. My dinner companions complained the the sangria did not contain enough fruit. What I liked best was that they got the sweetness and flavor of the drink just right. Looking forward to going back for hookah and flamenco dancing soon.

• Visited May 2013

Cape Coral, Florida
“Just average and overpriced”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

The atmosphere is very nice, and, of course, the charm of Old Town Alexandria is tough to beat. And the service was excellent. Beyond that, the food is just average, and quite overpriced for the small portions.
My client and I had 8 dishes between us. Grilled Octopus, Shrimp and Scallop skewers, chorizo, Tortilla Espanola among others.
As I said, just average........and for $7-9 per portion, I felt it was overpriced. Sorry, but there is much better tapas to be had.

• Visited May 2013
Massachusetts
“Viva, Las Tapas”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Las Tapas on King Street is a Spanish delight! The extensive array of tapas is impressive, but better yet all delicious!. The shrimp and garlic prefect and the abondigas savory. The sauces are fantastic and the bread perfect for soaking up every drop of goodness. The wine list was very good with a number of very nice, inexpensive Spanish wines.

We were there early Sunday evening and the place was very quiet so I don't know how crowded it is at peak times.

I will definitely go back again the next time I'm in Alexandria.

Visited May 2013
New Jersey
“Tapas in Alexandria”
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

We were in Alexandria to visit our grandchildren ages 5 and 1 and went to Old Town for dinner.

Not having made reservations for our first two choices almost put a damper on our dinner plans that is until we stopped into Las Tapas, again without reservations.

They could have not been more gracious and we were given a great table complete crayons and drawing papers for the kids.

The food choices were what you'd expect from a Tapas style resteraunt, only more varied and certainly in larger portions than you'd normally find.

As an added bonus for us there were plenty of gluten free options.

If you're in town, include Las Tapas in your dinner plans.

• Visited April 2013
Frederick, Maryland
“Overpriced and under managed”
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We were disappointed at the portion sizes for average food and not so great service. We had to constantly look for our waiter, the bathroom was disgusting, management needs to tell someone to clean the doors! Yuck! I tried not to think of what the kitchen looks like! I don't see us returning here.

• Visited April 2013