“Great Restaurant”

Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Went here a week ago, Fantastic food served quickly and really attentive staff.

Very tasty and good quality.

The decor is amazing and very unusual.

Really enjoyed our meal and will definatly go back.

There are newer reviews for King Street Blues

Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

I had dinner with my son and future daughter-in-law here last night. The atmosphere was fun and my gumbo was the best I have ever had outside of my very own kitchen.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We sat on the second floor next to a window with a "view" which was an office building and a storm drain. There were several flies around which we constantly had to swat the whole time we ate. The reviews on here said that the homemade chips were better than the fries. Maybe we got a bad batch, but ours were unsalted and burned. I ordered the pulled chicken and my husband ordered the pulled pork. Those dishes were both very good. The place while fun and colorful is in need of repair. The paint by the window was cracked and looked like it had been painted over a million times. We probably won't eat there again, but it wasn't bad. I guess I was just expecting better since the reviews were mostly positive. Oh well...

Reviewed September 13, 2012

We dined at Hill Street Blues one late afternoon and clearly the place caters to the regulars that patronize the place. We waited 15 minutes for a menu and a server. I had to walk back to the hostess stand to tell her that we wanted to order, not just sit in the restaurant. I could see the bar tender taking care of his regulars, but us newbies were totally ignored. I even saw the bar tender look directly at us and still ignored us. I did find the food good, but you have to withstand servers who ignore you and bar tenders who simply don't wait on someone not a regular patron.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Every time we are in the area we eat at King Street Blues. It features really funky decor on three floors. The food is southern comfort food - ribs, country fried chicken and steak, many different sandwiches and salads. The service was very good and the prices are fantastic. It is located in a very walkable area of Alexandria. I would recommend King Street Blues for families who want to eat well on a moderate budget.