“Meh. OK if you have a coupon.”
Review of King Street Blues

King Street Blues
Ranked #106 of 767 Restaurants in Alexandria
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed August 21, 2011

I only come here when I have a coupon (they're in the Entertainment book). Food is pretty decent, portions are large. Avoid the brisket (fatty). Beer selection is underwhelming. Don't get the house beer (some sort of amber), can't remember the name...no taste to it. One thing that is a standard here, though, is consistently bad service if you eat at a table. If you eat at the bar, you're OK, but that's probably because bartender's are much more attentive and customer-friendly than waitrons anyway.

2  Thank GDRWalkers

Reviewed August 17, 2011

Our family ate at this restaurant after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor and we were not disappointed. There were 2 adults and 4 kids (ages 10-14) in our party and everyone really enjoyed their meals. Two of my kids said they were the best ribs they'd ever had and I have to say I truly enjoyed their chicken sald melt...delicious! My other son had their chicken fried steak and the portion was very generous and he loved it. My kids wanted to go back the next night but my husband and I wanted to try someplace different. Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed August 12, 2011

Excellent southern home cooking just north of King St. at family-friendly prices.

Reviewed August 8, 2011

This was our first time staying in Alexandria. After reading all of the restaurant reviews on Trip Advisor, we decided to eat at King Street Blues. It definately lived up to the reviews. It was a great restaurant. It is located right off of King Street. It was very easy to find. The food was very good. The staff was extremely friendly and accomodating. We liked the decore and it was very clean. Our family of 5 had a very good meal. Our bill was only $46.00. Kids eat free on Tuesday. (Which we did not know before hand. Two of our 3 children qualified for this-ages 6 and 9.) The kids meal also included the drinks which also included multiple drink refills. I would definately eat at this restaurant again!

1  Thank shadow1Pittsburgh
Reviewed July 22, 2011

After a day of sightseeing in DC, we hopped on the free trolley at the King St Metro station and rode down to this great little place. Husband had ribs and brisket combo and I had ribs and catfish combo dinners. Ribs were very tasty, meaty and not dripping with sauce, but if you'd like more, there was sauce available to add at the table. Catfish and brisket were also good, as were the sides. The decor is great too! Plus, if you pick up the free Alexandria guide book, there is a coupon for this place that took $9 off one of our meals.

Been to King Street Blues? Share your experiences!