“Found a Gem”

Dishes of India
Ranked #39 of 822 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We Are A Local Gem, According To Our Patrons. We Are Family Owned And Operating Restaurant. Now Over 20 Years At The Same Location. We Have Veg, Non Veg, Vegan, Gluten Free Options. Party Trays For All Occasions. Weekly Dinner Specials And Everyday Lunch Buffet.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great quality Authentic Indian food in an odd location. I've passed this place a thousand times and just tried it for the first time last week. And, I sure was impressed! Both the service and the food was wonderful. I was really surprised at how crowded the place was on a Monday evening. Decent prices as well! I will definitely be back!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Don't let the odd location turn you off! Yes it's in a strip mall, yes it's downstairs... but, it's cozy, and the staff are so happy you've come - and the food is fabulous. I often just order the dal and tikka masala to go! Ask them to make onion bahji for you! You will be back for seconds at this place for sure!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Went here on a Saturday evening and I have never met such friendly staff at any restaurants I have dined. Everyone had smiles, waiters that weren't waiting our table would pick up plates, ask if we needed anything. I ordered the buttered chicken which was good, more than I could eat so I had lunch for the next day. Friend ordered the lamb, can't recall exact name but raved over it. The naan was really delicious, as was the samosas. I had no complaints except that the Long Island Iced tea was way to strong for me, lol. I had to give it to my dining partner and ordered a glass of wine instead. For those who want to get a drink and want a DRINK, lol, this is the place to be. The prices are great and the menu has something for everyone. Will eat there again soon.

1  Thank tanya b
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Good friendly service but food is way below par. I'm surprised to see reviews that rate this restaurant. I've eaten at Indian restaurants all around the world and this place is certainly not the worst but also not the best.

1  Thank KS5050
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Love this place. Located in a shopping center where you have to walk downstairs into the basement restaurant. Also, this place isn't exactly Old Town, it is off the GW parkway in a remote part of Alexandria so it is definitely a hike, but well worth it. Terrific service, great food full of flavor. When I lived in Crystal City I'd drive here for all of my Indian. I now live in Reston where I frequent Jaipur for Indian which is in Fairfax, both of these places are equal in my opinion. Give it a try!

Oh - also for an Indain Restaurant I remember them having a few decent white wines (NZ Sav blancs) which is nice to cut the spicy food.