“If you just don't want to take a chance....”

Chart House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Chart House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 767 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Old Town
Cross street: Union Street
Transit: King Street Metro Station
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed an overnight in Old Town at the Embassy Suites the weekend after Valentines Day and needed somewhere to eat on a Saturday Night. Just didn't want to take a chance with some of the local bars/restaurants and was glad to find the Chart House. Didn't have a reservation and despite the weather being really cold, they were booked solid. Like some other reviewers said though, we went to the bar and had a drink and kept an eye on the tables until one opened up and sat down and ate in the bar area. Wasn't as nice as the restaurant (crowded and loud) but same great service and food. If you are looking for a classy place, great views, solid food and great service this is a safe bet and I've never been disappointed. My wife had Mahi and I had the Coconut Shrimp and both were great...Mahi a little better I'd say. Then we shared a Mud Pie for dessert which never fails to satisfy! This would be a great place when the weather is nice but I'd highly suggest you make a reservation if you want a seat.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great location for dinner, lunch or just cocktails. If you love seafood you MUST try this restaurant plus the view is great in the Spring or summer, try sitting outside.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

It has the best seafood, you can get seats at the bar if you have no reservations, otherwise you will wait for at least 45 minutes. Has water view from all seats, but try to get seats at the corner tower! It is worth to visit the place!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Staff was incredibly friendly. Our server was awesome. He was all ears, paid attention to detail, was there when we needed him, he was helpful and very pleasant. The food was excellent. The table ordered hummus as an appetizer and I was never a huge fan of it but after tasting it here, I have changed my mind. The food was delicious, well cooked, full of flavor and the drinks were well made. I love that it overlooks the river and the interior of this place is gorgeous, especially the fire place they have in the back corner.

We managed to get there for their lunch menu which serves perfect portions at a great price however I noticed that if we had gone for the dinner menu, most of the options change (which is expected) but some of the choices that were the same were almost triple the price. I don't think you will find any meals at dinner time for under $20 each so it gets pricey but again, I think it's to be expected.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I recently ate here with 10 of my friends. We had a reservation, arrived on time and were seated within 5 minutes. The appetizers were all very average ( don't waste your time with calamari.......not their strong suit! ) Salads were so icy cold your teeth better not be sensitive! The bartenders are not very good either so order something in a bottle you don't need to return twice! I had the scallops with a side of sand!! Omg! What a turn off! If seafood is what you serve it should be perfect! The scallops were perfectly cooked and sweet but the sand was inexcusable at that price! Dinner was $200 a couple! At least the service is good and very attentive!,