“A Washington classic that still delivers”

Chart House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Chart House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 769 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Old Town
Cross street: Union Street
Transit: King Street Metro Station
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I went to the Chart House for a business dinner- there were a dozen of us. Our waiter was very friendly, on top of the service and made some good recommendations, including appetizers to share and deserts everyone would enjoy. The food was well prepared and arrived promptly; I had the Snapper Hemmingway, which was basically snapper with crab on it and a nice light sauce. The snapper was beautifully cooked, the crab was fresh. One of my colleagues had a steak, also perfectly cooked. All in with 3 or 4 bottles of wine our bill was less than $75 per person.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,391)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I recently returned from Alexandria, Virginia. One of the places that we ate was at the Chart House on the waterfront of the Potomac River. The food was fabulous, the service was fabulous......it was clean and the atmosphere was great. We had a table window so we could see the lights of Washington D.C. across the river. This was our last place to eat before we came home and it was a nice way to end our vacation. This place is a little upscale however there were several families there and they were also enjoying themselves. I would recommend reservations and ask for a table by the window. It was also easy getting there. We just took the free trolley down to the waterfront and walked about a block over. We also had the mango and avacado stack which was delicious and I had the tilipia encrusted with macadamia nuts which was also good.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I love this place! The environment is great (phenomenal view) and so are the food and the service. I had a great appetizer - Crab avocado Mago Stack which I did not regret and the seared Mahi too. You will not be disappointed at anything you eat here.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Food of high quality and attentive staff. Wine selection is OK, however, not excellent. The atmosphere is nice, although, not particularily intimate or "romantic". Biggest plus is the location, which offers a stunning view of the Potomac. Don't forget to ask for a table by the window!

Reviewed October 28, 2012

First, the positives. The ambiance and view were awesome, as was the spinach salad which was big enough for two. However, I had the mahi special, which although tasty was a bit salty and overcooked. It was also overpriced compared to similar meals at other Northern Virginia establishments. The wine was good, but was also more expensive than other restaurants in the area. I would probably go back in the summer for a special occasion and sit on the patio.