“Greasy Spoon Award”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed May 23, 2019 via mobile

If you like greasy food then this is your place. I went with several people for dinner and were placed in upstairs in a nice comfortable room. The service was intermittent as our server had to work tables both upstairs and downstairs. The ultimate margaritas were good but some of those ordered came to the table as regular ones and were not so good, a bit bitter. It seems that someone forgot to put in the premium tequila. It seemed that all or most choices were greasy or fried or well done.

Reviewed May 14, 2019

I was pleasantly surprised by this little hole in the wall. A variety of unique meals with a special “Hard Times” touch. An excellent amount of food that was reasonably priced.

Reviewed May 11, 2019 via mobile

We chose this place whilst in the area as it had decent reviews on trip advisor. It also appealed as a reasonably priced eatery which was family friendly.

The chilli tasters definitely made me change my mind on what to eat, I opted for the texas chilli which has to be the best chilli I have ever tasted. My wife had her Texas chilli on pasta and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Reasonably priced and definitely would visit again if in the area. Yes it's not the smartest looking restaurant but it was homely and had a relaxed atmosphere with friendly and helpful service.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed May 8, 2019

I read the reviews of this place before my wife and I visited. While she thoroughly enjoyed her meal fo blackened chicken salad I was not impressed either with the chili dog I had or the chili sampler that I had. While the service was very good when we arrived it went downhill from there. I had to ask for our check twice despite the fact it was obivious that we were done eating and ready to leave. Again this may indeed be a great place to eat but it wasn't for me.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed May 7, 2019

So thought this would be great. Place old and a little dingy, service slow, food adequate and as old as the building. Onion rings barely coated and soggy, Chili on the sliders was definitely sitting a pretty good while. Not as good as the area it is serving.