“Fantastic food and atmosphere”
Review of Chez Andree Restaurant - CLOSED

Chez Andree Restaurant
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Arrived in DC/Alexandria/Arlington on my birthday. The hotel was a nightmare and had to relocate. Drove by Chez Andree on the way to the next hotel and decided it would be a good place to go to have my birthday dinner. I was not disappointed. My daughter and I ate on the patio and enjoyed 2 of the chef's specialties. We then each had a dessert. Nothing went uneaten. The wine was amazing the food was amazing. On top of everything, the waiter, a very nice gentleman, brought me a slice of cake with a birthday candle! It was a wonderful way to end the day!

1  Thank Hansfamily

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Chez Andree would be my favorite restaurant if I didn't live so far away! The atmosphere is pleasant and welcoming; the bar area is separated from dining room which controls noise level. The waitress Catherine was truly amazing: friendly, very efficient, and incredible memory - she remembered my sister from over three years ago when she used to eat there - even what type of drink she preferred. The outstanding food however has to be the very best reason to dine here. Incredibly delicious!! Menu offers a wide variety of choices. Our steak was cooked perfectly, the Bearnaise sauce was creamy and tasty. This preparation wasn't on the menu but had been my sister's favorite when she lived in the area; upon request they prepared it for us willingly. Dessert!! As saying goes, thought I'd died and gone to heaven. We ordered two different ones and shared: creme brulee and cheesecake. Around us everyone seemed to be enjoying their meals as much as we were.

1  Thank Sue W
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Recently flew to Old Town Alexandria to visit Mother, who lunches and dines at Chez Andree often, and also has successfully hosted her women's club lunches here; no easy feat when you consider the random tastes of 20 or more women of different ages? !! This a a venue that continues to be well loved after literally decades, and was the restaurant of choice for Tuesday evening.

'Cliff' offered and delivered with masterful style, ensuring that each course was presented with old school charm! Timing is everything, isn't it, as well as having patience with choosing a 'just right wine' for the occasion, after we enjoyed a Perfect Manhattan, Dirty Goose Martini, and Dry Gin Martini with appetizers; liver pate' and celery root salad; both perfection itself. Entrees were Veal Scallopini, London broil and Seafood Crepes; again excellent.

Charm abounds at Chez Andree, with rich beamed ceiling, brick and half-timbered walls, Toulouse Lautrec art, and various pieces of rustic French china displayed. All the warmth of a genuine French country bistro plopped onto Glebe Road; imagine!
In combo with ample easy parking at the door, couldn't be easier or less stressful.

Prices are reasonable, and the atmosphere dignified enough to enjoy a fine meal without having to scream at your companions, and the place was full! How truly delightful.
I booked well in advance, requesting Mother's favourite table, and indeed they had it for us without hesitation.
Next visit . ..
we'll certainly return again !!

7  Thank ch00seyon3
Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

Our waitress made this meal superb. And the food was excellent. We have been here a few times and now I am compelled to write. The baked mussels were our favorite of several appetizers we have tried. All seafood is deliciously prepared. The seafood crepes are exquisite. Ask about a wine to match any dish. They are knowledgable and have been spot on each time.

1  Thank Kauai-Biz-Traveler
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I recently had dinner at Chez Andree -- a small neighborhood restaurant in Alexandria, VA. Everything, from the greeting I received upon entering, to the terrific service by Angela our server to the terrific food was amazing. Chez Andree is cozy with French country decor and antique furniture. The main dining room feels warm and inviting. The place was quite crowded on a Monday night with what looked like regulars, but that didn't dampen the attentive service. Although it was difficult to choose from the many delectable offerings on the menu, I had the wedge salad with blue cheese dressing, red onion and bacon (I could have licked the plate!), as an entree I chose the fresh flounder in butter and lemon sauce. The perfectly cooked fish came with mashed potatoes and broccoli. For dessert I chose the caramel bread pudding which was rich and surprisingly light with a wonderful sauce that was not gooey. Even the coffee was great. Chez Andree has plenty of free parking, which is a plus for the area, and specializes in French country cooking at its best. When the weather is nice, the outdoor patio would be a lovely treat for drinks and appetizers. I have definitely become a fan, and will visit frequently. I would DEFINETELY recommend Chez Andree. Even if you have to go out of your way to find the place, it's worth the effort to have the experience!

1  Thank Sandrinebranch