“This place has come WAY down.”

Clyde's At Mark Center
Reserve with OpenTable
Clyde's At Mark Center is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 767 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Seminary Road
Description: Opened in 1998 in the West End of historic Alexandria, Virginia, Clyde's at Mark Center is a vivid celebration of sporting life on the water. Thirty-five years after Clyde's opened in Georgetown, this property showcases our evolution from restaurants to full-scale atmospheres. From an Adirondack fishing camp to a Chesapeake Bay hunt club, each room memorializes the beauty and adventure found on the water. When you can't visit Nantucket in person, Mark Center is gloriously outfitted with antique model sailboats, a replica Potomac boathouse and a cozy beach shack and bait shop that's ready to welcome any sea dog.
Reviewed September 1, 2010

Tonight I dined at the bar in Clyde's at Mark Center. This restaurant used to be quite nice, but obviously it has gone way down hill. I had to send back an appetizer because, although not supposed to be spicy at all, it tasted strongly of red pepper -- far too spicy for my ability to eat. The bartender brought the half-eaten food item back from the kitchen and actually argued with me that the chef denied putting any red pepper in the item. I was not hostile at all, I just physically could not eat the food because it was overwhelmingly spicy hot. The kitchen actually sent the partially eaten food back to me with instructions to eat it anyway. What a disappointment.

1  Thank RacingMars

Reviewed April 19, 2010

I had my 50th birthday Party there in the back room and also the patio and I must say that it was more than I expected. From the first beginning planning with Arvind he was just so accomodating he chose a great menue that my guest are still raving about. The atmosphere was exactly what I wanted I just cant say enough!! I will end it with this Clyde's at Mark Center you made turning 50 FABULOUS!!! I felt like Cinderella! THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I have recommended your restaurant to every body I know. Will definitely be back!

Reviewed February 5, 2010

After a long day at a conference we went to Clyde's at Mark Center for dinner. This restaurant has a great atmosphere. Very warm and inviting. This location has somewhat of a lodge feel with lots of wood and outdoorsy type decor.

The service was expedient and efficient, friendly and unobtrusive. I ordered the Grilled NY Strip Steak roast red bliss potatoes, sautéed spinach and anchovy herb butter 8 ounce strip for 16.95 cooked medium. The steak was cooked perfectly and had only a small bit of gristle, but do note that the anchovy herb butter may make you think that the steak was cooked in fish oil. it was very good, but forgetting that it was anchovy herb butter and not just herb butter, I kept wondering why my steak tasted fishy. That said, I ate every bite. The spinach was delicious. The chef was wise to keep the potatoes simple, with the flavor of the herb butter, a seasoned potato would have been too much.

I also had the Cream of Crab Soup (4.95 cup). Highly recommended. Next time I'll get the bowl (6.00).

My dinner companions had the Chicken Farfalle roast wild mushrooms, spinach, shallots, thyme, sherry cream sauce and goat cheese for 13.95 and the Turkey Chili onions, cheddar cheese, sour cream and cornbread for 10.95. Both were very large portions so you will not leave hungry. Both said their meals were wonderful and would order them again.

For dessert we shared an Apple Crisp baked Gala apples with a crunchy oatmeal topping and vanilla ice cream for 7.95. Save room, this was delicious. A second scoop of ice cream would have been nice, but this was really wonderful and was perfect on a cold, snowy night.

I didn't want to leave the comfort of the hotel after a very long day of travel that began at 4:30 a.m. followed by a full day of meetings, but I'm so glad I was "forced" to go to Clyde's for dinner and would definitely go again.

Reviewed July 12, 2009

Clydes in located less than 1/2 mile from the Hilton Mark Center Alexandra. It was offered as an alternative to the hotel restaurant by the hotel staff. It was a neat place with pretty good food. The service was pleasant and the prices fair. The desserts were very good and are worth saving a little space for.

Reviewed June 9, 2009

We stumbled across Clyde's while staying at the Hilton Mark Center and couldn't have wished for anything better, especially as it was within walking distance of the hotel. We loved everything about it....decor, food, service, all excellent! We had a thoroughly enjoyable experience at Clyde's.