“Nice place”

Clyde's At Mark Center
Reserve with OpenTable
Clyde's At Mark Center is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 765 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Seminary Road
Description: Opened in 1998 in the West End of historic Alexandria, Virginia, Clyde's at Mark Center is a vivid celebration of sporting life on the water. Thirty-five years after Clyde's opened in Georgetown, this property showcases our evolution from restaurants to full-scale atmospheres. From an Adirondack fishing camp to a Chesapeake Bay hunt club, each room memorializes the beauty and adventure found on the water. When you can't visit Nantucket in person, Mark Center is gloriously outfitted with antique model sailboats, a replica Potomac boathouse and a cozy beach shack and bait shop that's ready to welcome any sea dog.
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We arrived in the area from upstate NY.We searched for a place to eat close to our hotel. The decor of this place belongs in our area- the Adirondacks. We arrived before 5. No reservation and wait for a table. Service was very good. Food was very good. We really enjoyed the hummus appetizer . Very yummy. And the bread was delicious,toasty and warm! Overall a very nice, relaxing dinner.

There are newer reviews for Clyde's At Mark Center

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We were staying at the Hilton about a couple blocks away and they recommended it. It was a beautiful Spring afternoon so I grabbed my Ipad and started out.

I was not sure what to make of this place as I approached by foot. The crosswalk to get over to the restaurant is strange -- the walkways don't line up with where the lights are, and the "walk" signal was not on nearly long enough. I am fit enough to run a few steps, but I imagine older or disabled folks might get caught in the middle of the road when the traffic starts moving.

Anyway...the entrance made it feel a little more "exclusive" than I had thought, as there are traffic gates and notes about validating parking at the front door.

Once inside, my fears were relived and it turned out to be more of a casual "TGI Fridays" type of place, with a huge square bar in the room I was seated in.

The menu was surprisingly creative -- not just the same old stuff. I ordered a "Spring CItrus Salad" which was pretty tasty, with orange and grapfruit sections on top a nicely dressed salad and shaved parmesan cheese. I highly recommend on a beautiful spring or summer day!

There were many burgers, sandwiches, appetizers, and main courses that stretched from the very basic to some creative selections.
I had a light chicken veggie pasta dish that I really enjoyed.

As I was in the bar room, it became unexpectedly noisy by the time I was wrapping up my meal, so I assume they get a LOT of business from the neighboring hotels.

Service was acceptable, while not being attentive at times.

All in all, an enjoyable meal on the road...and a nice walk!

1  Thank Barry D
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Okay, let me start off that I was very sceptical when my wife wanted to go to Clyde's for dinner tonight. Don't get me wrong I love their food and the atmosphere, but we have always had issues with horrific service. Actually this is the first time I've been to Clyde's for over a year, I was tired of getting good food and a horrible attitude from the servers. However, tonight was not like my last experience, both the food and the service was wonderful. I might actually put it down for one of my regular restaurants if the service stays at the level.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

The food is decent but the service could be a little better. I have come here for lunch on several occasions, and not because I want to, but more because it's the closest place to go to for farewell luncheons for coworkers who are either retiring or leaving.

This experience here is actually very surprising to me because I've been to the Clyde's at Tysons Corner and in Georgetown and the experience with service was MUCH better.

Hopefully this location can get work on it.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

OK, many of you may be saying "Yuck" right now, just looking at the title of my review. But, it's true, this is the best place for liver I have ever been. Don't get me wrong, they have many other traditional delicious menu items like the steak, crab cakes, and sandwiches, but it's the liver I love the most. The liver is not smothered in batter or flour, it's simply seasoned ad grilled to perfection. It is presented on a bed of tasty mashed potatoes and topped with onion straws that are not at all greasy; there is a light and really delicious wine reduction too. I always order the sautéed spinach as my other side because it's really good. You'd be surprised at the people who frequent Clyde's for this dish!

But if you're not a liver fan, there are other really good entrees. My hubby likes the crab cakes and the steak, and when we went earlier this week, they had scallops. The steak is consistently well-prepared and the crab cakes are too, but the latter has a wee bit too much breading for my taste. The restaurant has a wide-ranging menu and you can even get a sandwich for supper if you want. We like the menu because there are the items that are always there and then there are seasonal items and specials, which makes for a nice dining experience.

The wine list is currently being updated, so it's in flux. I would like to see the restaurant offer better options for wines by the glass; that one aspect that's not strong at all. Dessert has not been a terrific experience for us, but when they have it, their bread puddings are pretty tasty and consistent. They change the contents (fruits) according to the seasons and they are always flavorful.

Service is always excellent and the staff know the menu very well and are always helpful. Lastly, if you get to the restaurant and place your order before 6pm on weekdays, you get 20% off the bill--not bad!!!

I guess each location in this chain is different (menus included), so I can't speak for all, but the one on North Beauregard in Alexandria, VA gets a thumbs up!