“Looks are Deceiving! Great menu and delicious Cajun and Creole food!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of RT's Restaurant

RT's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
RT's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 724 Restaurants in Alexandria
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Glebe Rd
Transit: Bus at corner of Russell and Mount Vernon Avenue
Fairfax, Virginia
“Looks are Deceiving! Great menu and delicious Cajun and Creole food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I found this restaurant on the Internet when I was searching for a new restaurant with high ratings. I love cajun and creole food, so I asked my son if he would like to meet me for a new dining experience. When we first got there, I was a bit disappointed by the outside of the building. It is one that I normally wouldn't give a second glance. But, happily, we went inside. The restaurant decor is what you might expect from the outside of the building--nothing fancy. However, we were wowed by their extensive menu and their specials. It was hard to decide between the specials, but my son had the grilled tuna steak sandwich with garlic aioli sauce and red beans and rice (replacing the french fries). The sandwich was huge, and he said it was delicious. I had the haddock special that was coated with corn meal and served over a slightly spicy crawfish succotash. I shared one bite, but then I gobbled up the rest. It was very good and plentiful. I think each of our meals were around the $13-$14 dollar range.

We both agreed that we will definately return.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank MsParticular1

Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Great Cajun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Off the beaten path but worth the trip. Best Cajun north of the bayou. Can't get enough of their crawfish etouffee.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank southwind910
Alexandria, Virginia
“Great New Orleans Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The title pretty much says it. Prices suggest that you save it for a special event, though. With tax and tip, budget $30 each, plus alcohol. People in shorts and t-shirts may suffer under the air conditioning but hey, it serves them right. Plenty of on-street parking, with a free public lot a half block to the left, as you face the restaurant. The food is great, but the specials tend to be stand-outs.

Visited July 2013
Kitcat22
“Waitresses should smile...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Been here several times, live the food. But is a pleasant waitress too much to ask for? Wish I'd been seated where the waiter was serving.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Glenview, Illinois
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We spent the last week of June in Washington, DC and the surrounding area. During our visit, we ate out every meal, including many terrific meals, as you might expect in our nation's capitol.

Hands down, the best meal we had was at RT's in Alexandria. The four in our party, including my ten year old granddaughter, ordered something different from their Cajun inspired seafood menu. Every item (we shared with each other) was excellent, as was the service.

Our overall experience at RT's was excellent and we will definitely go back on our next visit.

• Visited June 2013