“Dinner”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We sat at the bar area. The waitress was prompt and courteous. We were also seated really fast! Would return.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Ate here while in town to visit Mount Vernon. Food was very good, fillet cooked perfectly as ordered. The waiter was hard to find when we needed something though, and it was not busy at all. Overall, a good experience. I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

After a long day at Mt Vernon and traveling from NC, we wanted a steak. This Outback had great staff and food.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I agree with others on here, the service and the food is consistently up and down. Been going there since I moved up there and its always been hit and miss. I order a medium well steak and not even 10 mins later a food server comes zipping up with my steak. Normally you would think this as a good thing ( it wasnt busy ) but my spidey sense goes off because Im sure it takes more than 8 minutes to cook a steak. Bloody and lukewarm middle, lukewarm mashed potatoes so I send it back.

Yet another ten minutes later, another steak this time its dry and warm mashed potatoes. Now the waitress avoids me, more concerned with clearing her tables then actually taking the time out to make sure everything was ok and never told the manager. Only after she brings me the check and asks me about it then she suggested to talk with the manager who doesnt let finish explaining the story without giving me a standard response " I can get you another drink or a free appeitizer ".

I would suggest sitting on the resturant side and hopefully you'll get better service. I won't be back

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This restaurant is quite close to our residence and we go there regularly so we must be satisfied with it overall. While the service is usually efficient and friendly it is not consistently so. One bugbear is that the servers never know the prices of the drinks, and have to be prompted to go and find out. At a specialty steak restaurant we would expect the meat to be well prepared, but occasionally this has not been the case. There have been times when we have had to speak with the manager either on food quality or the service, he has always been helpful and apologetic, and done his best to satisfy us. The prices have been climbing steadily over the tears, and the prices of the top-end cuts are no longer within our reach. But overall we normally anticipate a good experience here.