“Great Service”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed April 11, 2013

After a long day at Mt Vernon and traveling from NC, we wanted a steak. This Outback had great staff and food.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I agree with others on here, the service and the food is consistently up and down. Been going there since I moved up there and its always been hit and miss. I order a medium well steak and not even 10 mins later a food server comes zipping up with my steak. Normally you would think this as a good thing ( it wasnt busy ) but my spidey sense goes off because Im sure it takes more than 8 minutes to cook a steak. Bloody and lukewarm middle, lukewarm mashed potatoes so I send it back.

Yet another ten minutes later, another steak this time its dry and warm mashed potatoes. Now the waitress avoids me, more concerned with clearing her tables then actually taking the time out to make sure everything was ok and never told the manager. Only after she brings me the check and asks me about it then she suggested to talk with the manager who doesnt let finish explaining the story without giving me a standard response " I can get you another drink or a free appeitizer ".

I would suggest sitting on the resturant side and hopefully you'll get better service. I won't be back

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This restaurant is quite close to our residence and we go there regularly so we must be satisfied with it overall. While the service is usually efficient and friendly it is not consistently so. One bugbear is that the servers never know the prices of the drinks, and have to be prompted to go and find out. At a specialty steak restaurant we would expect the meat to be well prepared, but occasionally this has not been the case. There have been times when we have had to speak with the manager either on food quality or the service, he has always been helpful and apologetic, and done his best to satisfy us. The prices have been climbing steadily over the tears, and the prices of the top-end cuts are no longer within our reach. But overall we normally anticipate a good experience here.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Going to Outback for birthday dinners are not a bad idea. We even saw one family having a birthday party dinner there. The staff is polite, the manager was very nice too and helpful. You get a free dessert for your birthday too.
They have great steak and coconut shrimp !

1  Thank Sandra M
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Well, I haven't been to Outback in years. But, the food was wonderful and the atmosphere was very nice. I didn't like being seating SO close to door though. But, the Manager helped wait on our table which was both pleasant and surprising ! He was polite, curtious, and prompt ! When our waitress was finally able to come finish taking of us she was polite and curtious, not as prompt as the manager though. But, the place was busy , so it's understandable.

2  Thank Sandra M

Been to Outback Steakhouse? Share your experiences!