“surprising good food for a chain restaurant”

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Ranked #496 of 763 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Reviewed May 4, 2014

the only chain restaurant we eat at because the food is really good I do not like olive
garden and was afraid it would be like that but I was surprised at the selection I had their branzini
and their salads ar very good as the pasta dishes they give yu bread and a dipping sauce too
prices are not too pricey

There are newer reviews for Romano's Macaroni Grill

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Although the atomosphere was nice I was disappointed with my food. I loved the ravioli but my main course which was chicken marsala was not hot and barely warm. I did not wish to complain because I did not want to wait to have the meal prepared again. At this point I doubt if Macaroni Grill will see me as a guest again.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Went there and it was not real busy, but it took so long for the food to arrive. The server was polite, but when it was time to find him, it was hard to locate him. When the food finally did arrive, it was not anything to write home about, and there's another Italian restaurant not too far from this place that is better

Reviewed January 11, 2014

For a Saturday evening the wait time was reasonable, but the service was haphazard. There is an extensive allergy sensitive menu that outlines gluten free and other options. We had to request that special menu three times before the waiter remembered to bring it to our table. One member of our party ordered the pick your own pasta and the order was not correct when delivered. The gluten free penne was badly over cooked but the sauce and caramelized onions made it palatable.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Let me start on a positive note by saying we were seated at a table straight away and asked what we would like to drink. We were then left for quite sometime before the waiter reappeared to take our drinks order. After having ordered starters there was a considerable wait. One starter then appeared five or ten minutes before the other. Just as well mine was a salad as it would have gone cold before the other starter had arrived. When the main courses arrived rather than remove the starters the waitress decided to push the empty plates around the table, this I couldn't believe!

Being a visitor from the UK and expecting excellent customer service that the US tends to offer I was quite dismayed by the sub-standard service received in this establishment. I have to say that this experience was the exception rather than the rule

I won't be returning to the Romano's Macaroni Grill