“Gluten free and allergy friendly”

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Ranked #419 of 767 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Talk to the kitchen manager and they will prepare gluten free and allergy free meals. We order from the create your own pasta menu and choose gluten free pasta, grille chicken, spinach and mushrooms with the pomodoro sauce for a GF and dairy free yummy pasta meal

Reviewed June 25, 2013

The only part of this meal that was good was the server. She tried but was inexperienced. But she tried. The kitchen in this place really is bad. The food was mushy and made with poor ingredients.The pizza was sloggy and not tasty. The lasagna was gooey and gritty but not good. This is one of those national chains that really does not care about quality!

Another thing we noticed was the bait and switch. Order one kind of well known wine and they would come in with we are out of that and here is a counteroffer at the same price with a brand no one had heard of. The place was not noisy because it was only about 10 percent full. The ambience is not terrible. But you go these places for the food! We really recommend that you skip this place. Now that I look at the reviews I wonder how I made the mistake of going there.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Romano's Macaroni Grill at Kingstowne was very good. Their portions are pretty large, so we shared an appetizer and then split an entree. It was plenty for the two of us. The food was very good, as was the service. The only negative is that they have the tables too close together. You can't slide your hair back without running into the table beside you. Even with that, I'd still recommend it.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

First of all this restaurant is not in alexandria but franconia in the area known as kingstown and is in fairfax county.Residents here when they are in trouble do not call alexandria police but fairfax county police.They do not pay taxes to alexandria which is a city but has no county but to fairfax county.Anyway i used to live here and have eaten at Macaroni Grill often.I ate there last night and enjoyed the food but the service left a lot to be desired.Our waitress,a very pleasant young woman was neartly invisible.I would have to call another waitress to find ours.This chain occasionaly has someone sing operatic arias.Last night they had a woman with a soft voice sing.She did very well but youl could not hear her because the regular music was still playing.The other music was non operatic and it was annoying and a cacophany.I told a waitress that the piped in music was stil on when the singer was entertaing.She thanked me and then did NOTHING.The two streams of music continued until the woman's time was up.The waitress I told did nothing and nobody (including managers)did nothing.It makes one wonder if such capriciousness is found in the kitchen.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I've read mixed reviews, but my own personal experience was good, the waiter was very kind even though when I arrived the kitchen was about to close. It's not supposed to be "Le Cirque" though, the prices are fine, the wine suggested was good and the food was very good.