“Old Town Jem”

Union Street Public House
Reserve with OpenTable
Union Street Public House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #84 of 763 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Description: Old Town's Neighborhood Tap And Grill.
washington dc
“Old Town Jem”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I like to eat @ union street whenever we spend the day in old town, the wait in not that bad but I do prefer the upstairs over the ground floor or the bar area. Try the gumbo, crabcakes or fish & chips. I am partial to the oyster sandwitch but last time I had the smoked chicken salad club, Yum. The salads are rather large. The service can be hit or miss. Pretty average most of the time. There are a lot of places to eat in old town but I always prefer to eat here as I am happy witht he quality menu.

• Visited August 2012

Alexandria, Virginia, United States
“Come for the oysters, not the omelettes”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I've been to Union Street several times, mostly for lunch, which has been consistently great. Soups, sandwiches, burgers - etc. The raw oysters are always fresh and delicious. However, on a recent visit for brunch with the family, we were disappointed! The service was great, as usual. However, my crab and goat cheese omelette had NO goat cheese; the chicken salad sandwiich was just okay - tasted like it could've come from the grocery store. The lobster bisque was delicious, as was the crab cake benedict.
Will probably go back there again, for the traditional lunch fare.

• Visited October 2012
Alexandria, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I'm a regular”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My friends and I tend to go to happy hour here. Service has always been good and the prices are reasonable. Only had dinner here once (fish and chips) and was above average, although not the greatest. But, the happy hour is what we come for anyway. The bar bites are a good value. The place does get quite busy and loud starting at 9pm. Compared to some of the other places bars in the area, we prefer this one. Probably because the bartenders know our names by now!

• Visited October 2012
Clermont
“Good Food”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We looked around for places to eat, there were many. We chose the Union Street Public House for lunch as we were looking for crab cakes. We were not disappointed. The food was great. We will stop in again some time.

Visited October 2012
Acworth, Georgia
“Always enjoy it”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

First, I have to admit I always go for the burger. From my first visit, it’s on my places to eat while in town list. It does get noisy on the main level, but the upstairs offers a quieter, relaxed dining experience.

Visited August 2012