New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Yum” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Bergerie Restaurant

La Bergerie Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
La Bergerie Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #77 of 727 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Old Town
Cross street: Queen and N. Lee
Transit: King Street Metro
Tacoma, Washington
“Yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

After a long day of walking, this was the stop we made as we walked from the Metro to our Hotel. Wow we are glad we did, one of the best simple meals we could have asked for. A splendid selection of cheeses and meats paired with a great red wine made for the perfect top off to a great day.

Visited May 2013
Allison D, Guest Relations Manager at La Bergerie Restaurant, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you!

Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
“Above Average Food, Average Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Our food at La Bergerie was amazing - and that's what we came for, right? Definitely one of the top-5 meals I've eaten in my life, but the service and atmosphere just barely prevented this from being a 5-star review. We were seated promptly at a lovely rounded booth, which was nice and romantic since we were celebrating our anniversary. It was a few minutes before a waiter brought us our menus, and his only comment was telling us what the soup of the day was. We were promptly brought water, but were never offered a wine menu (admittedly, later that weekend we were carded to get into the movies. We look young, but one would assume that they would at least ask for our ID and then give us the wine menu, rather than assuming we were under age). We had already chosen not to drink that night, but did find it odd that alcohol was never even offered.

The menu featured two different tasting menus, as well as an a-la-carte selection. We chose to go with the a-la-carte choices, but were disappointed that some of the appetizers were only available through the tasting menu, so we decided to forgo that course. A basket of delicious, warm bread was promptly delivered to our table, and very much enjoyed.

There was a slight delay in our entrees, but the waiter came over and explained to us that the chef had over-cooked my Dover Sole and wanted to start over - resulting in an extra 10 minutes to time it properly with my husband's Buffalo order. We didn't mind, particularly since we were informed right away, and it's worth it to wait for good food! We also enjoyed the crepes suzette for dessert.

Overall, this was an above-average food experience with an average service experience. Service wasn't bad, just very minimal. I don't think I would have minded so much until the end of the night, when our server handed us our check and called us "you guys" - very informal for a formal dining experience. However, I think if we're ever back in Alexandria for a special occasion, we would return.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank SunKissedKate
Thank you for celebrating your anniversary with us and we appreciate your nice review.
Bluffton, Ohio
“OO LA LA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The best french cuisine experience I have ever had!! Ordered the sole which was prepared tableside and just melted in my mouth. Located in the Old Town area within a close walk to King St and the river. Very elegant experience. Would highly recommend.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank RWM72942
Allison D, Guest Relations Manager at La Bergerie Restaurant, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you so much!
“15th Anniversary dinner worthy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Great choice for a romantic anniversary dinner. We had a 7:30 reservation and were seated promptly. Three & 4 course meals, but we opted to do ala carte. Champagne by the glass was lovely and dry as requested. Pate delicious, duck prosciutto with salad wonderful, lamb stuffed with lamb sausage very flavorful, lobster flambé underwhelming. We each had a soufflé, hazelnut for me and the Grande Marnier for my husband. Both equally delicious.

I usually ask for suggestions when choosing entrees, but didn't this time. I doubt the lobster flambé would have been recommended and I wonder what I should have gotten. I think it was just my personal preference.

Service was excellent. The suggested wine pairings were well matched.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Nova Mom G
Allison D, Guest Relations Manager at La Bergerie Restaurant, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for celebrating your anniversary with us and we're so glad you enjoyed everything!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Consistently good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband and I went to La Bergerie for Restaurant Week and had yet another very pleasant experience. I had been there a few years back and wanted to try it again because I had enjoyed it so much. Because it was Restaurant Week, we were unfortunately unable to sample anything off the regular menu as their menu that night was a fixed price type menu. The food however was just as good as I remembered it, and the service very attentive.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Sydney82
Allison D, Public Relations Manager at La Bergerie Restaurant, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Sydney - thank you! We hope you'll come back for our regular menu:)