“Still A Star!”

Transit: King Street Metro
Belfast, Maine
“Still A Star!”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I think I first ate at La Bergerie close to 40 years ago and again last night for an atmospheric Christmas Eve dinner. I find the atmosphere, service, and food to be consistently the best in the City of Alexandria. The experience was enhanced by the softly lit room and the strolling violinist playing classic music of the season. The three course meal last evening was perfect in every way and I would recommend the roasted lobster to any shellfish lover. This was served with a saffron sauced risotto that was perfectly complimented by a glass of muscadet. My seafood and mushroom appetizer with puff pastry was yummy but I picked the buche de noel dessert over my consistently favorite grand marnier souffle. The next table was served the souffle and I was immediately sorry to have missed my favorite even though the chocolate buche de noel was chocolate goodness to the nth power! My husband and I love eating here, it is a comfortable, gracious retreat tucked away off of the King St. strip with the perfect is special place.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Nanella

Woodbridge, Virginia
“An ambrosial experience!”
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

Such a pleasurable experience, titillating all senses from the moment we entered. The ambiance and lighting were just right and provided the perfect setting for our romantic date night. Staff warm, polite and not intrusive (her pet peeve being interrupted mid-bite). Virgins to French cuisine but everything from each of our tasting menus delighted both palates..Foie Gras..a new guilty pleasure. The food was PERFECTLY seasoned and wanted for nothing. The wine and dessert were excellent compliments to the ambrosial experience...loved it. The only complaint would be the bread was a little hard, but we were't sure if that was the intent...bread aside a 5 star experience.

1 Thank skilletandprincess
Springfield, Virginia
“nice RECOMMENDED restaurant”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

we love the restaurant lunch is more reasonably price service has been hit or miss most often a hit the dessert souflees are worth saving room FOR the crepes suzette are like the service hit or miss moften a hit If the have black cod on the menu orse it I still am looking for it again it waS DYNAMITE THE FIRST TIME ALL IN ALL IT MAKES FOR AN ENJOYABLE SPECIAL OCCASION

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank GRANDPERE46
McLean, Virginia
“The four douse tasting menu is a great buy”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have been going to this restaurant on and off for over 30 years through its change of ownership. The restaurant retains its air of refinement and unhurried service. The great improvement we have noticed over the past few years is the consistently high quality and variety offered on its tasting menu. It is great value. Its wine list though is a bit out of line- some ridiculously pricey wines(for a restaurant in its price league) and some great values. Just have to work through the wine list carefully!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Kwando
Kansas City, Missouri
“Excellent meal, wonderful service”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Picked this one up form Tripadvisor as we heard a couple of other groups did last night when we visited the restaurant. Had the 4 course meal - Wagu carpaccio, trumpet mushrooms, lobster and souffle. Premium preparation with excellent sides and sauces. Can't say enough good things - not cheap, though.

• Visited October 2012