“Taverna Cretekou”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Taverna Cretekou

Taverna Cretekou
Ranked #13 of 752 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Old Town
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Taverna Cretekou”
Reviewed August 16, 2010

This is a nice little Greek restaurant in Old Town that we just stumbled across for lunch. I'm glad we found it. Though the service and atmosphere were nothing special, they were both nice. I had the stuffed grape leaves which were very good and had delicious potatoes and green beans on the side. The prices are quite reasonable, especially for what you get. I'll try to return next time I'm in Old Town.

• Greek first
Providence,RI
“Everything looked and smelled tempting”
Reviewed August 8, 2010

While at the Taverna Cretekou, I noticed the other customers food and it's wonderful aroma. I can't wait to return with a group of friends and relatives to try everything on the menu. I originally wanted to try their gyro but ending up having the reasonably priced lunch buffet which I enjoyed very much. It had everything a vegan and non vegan will love.

Alexandria, Virginia
“Rude staff, go some place else”
Reviewed June 1, 2010

Went there for a quick dinner and arrived at 9:02 PM, they close at 9:30. The staff made it completely obvious that they did not want us there or service us dinner at that time. When asked if we wanted to sit outside on in, we said in. The waiter looked at the other waiter and said “lucky you” which made us feel very uncomfortable. After we ordered two appetizers and two drinks, we asked for our check because our waiter treated us as if we broke into the place and demanded food. If they don’t want to service food after a certain time, THEN LOCK THE DOOR, or change the hours. But to top it off, they over charged us for our appetizers, or the website menu has outdated prices. Nevertheless, very rude waiter and we will never go back. In addition, we are going to tell everyone we know to go some place else. There are petty of good places to eat in Old Town that will treat you like a real customer.

3 Thank naptown_10
Alexandria, Virginia
“My favorite Old Town restaurant”
Reviewed May 8, 2010

My husband and I eat here about once a month. It is, hands down, the best and most authentic Greek food in the DC area. The outdoor garden is wonderful. The food is always great. The owners are charming and very accommodating. Even on a busy Saturday night, we've never waited more than a few minutes for a table. If you eat inside, it can be a little loud and crowded, but that only adds to the fun. A few of the waiters can be a little surly, but most are quite helpful. I've eaten just about everywhere in Old Town and this is one of my absolute favorites.

Norfolk, Virginia
“Excellent!!”
Reviewed May 7, 2010

This is the best restaurant in the city. Great food, great service, and the garden is beautiful. The owners are the most friendly people in the world. I had a great experience at this restaurant, and there is no doubt that I will be coming back.