“Good menu. Helpful staff. The outdoor patio is great fun when the weather is nice. Several vegan options.”
Review of Taverna Cretekou

Reviewed January 8, 2009

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
There are newer reviews for Taverna Cretekou

Reviewed November 17, 2008

My husband and I went for our 4th anniversary dinner. It was very good. The wine suggested by our waiter was perfect. We enjoyed all of our food. We loved our experience!

Reviewed October 7, 2008

this restaurant was a planned stop on our trip to d.c. I have been to Alexandria before and wanted to share the quant shopping experience with my girlfriend on our trip. At first impression this looked to be a good restaurant. The atmosphere was inviting and clean and the patio was very quant. However, the experience quickly diminished when our waiter came to greet us. He was pushy, continually steering us toward more pricey meals and appatizers, and condiscending towards my girlfriend. I was amazed how fast our food came out until I realized it was tepid and probobly microwaved. when our main courses arived i was vindicated in my thoughts about the microwave. The food was searing hot in the center and came out only minutes after we ordered it. My food was bland and unauthentic, i have been to Greece, my girlfriends meal resembled a chickenbreast slathered in a gravy like fruit mixture. Our drinks where not refreshed by our waiter, however the water boy was on his game refilling our water glasses as needed. At least we got a laugh when we asked for our check from the water boy and he said " i dont know who your waiter is" I replied "the pushy one" and he said "oh ..i know now" This restaurant has fantastic potential but it needs authentic food, not microwaved, and some people skills instilled in the wait staff.

7  Thank honestinsite
Reviewed October 6, 2008

I was excited to try this place based on the good reviews and what I seen on their menu online. We were so disappointed! The only thing good about this place was the atmosphere. We sat outside and it was lovely. Our waiter was too pushy and rude. Our food came quick. It was micro waived and tasted imitation. It was not just my meal that was like this, It was also my boyfriend’s meal and our appetizer. It was below quality. I have had Greek before and it was way better then this. My boyfriend has been to Greece and a true Taverna is about relaxing and enjoying good food. Not being rushed. Maybe they should focus on that a little more instead of making a quick buck and turning over tables so fast. We were so frustrated that we didn’t stay for dessert!

4  Thank Jmagg79
Reviewed September 22, 2008

Not cheap, but the food is great (go for the traditional Greek dishes), service is friendly and efficient and the atmosphere is excellent (we dined at the garden patio, but the indoors tables around the traditional musicians sounded fun too)