“Good food, attentive wait staff”
Review of Taverna Cretekou

Taverna Cretekou
Ranked #18 of 767 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We hadn't been here in a few years and decided to take friends, remembering the good food and attentive wait staff. We had reservations on the patio and were seated immediately upon our arrival. We ordered the sampler appetizer which was tasty. For an entree, I had the lamb shank with orzo and it was delicious. The others had lamb dishes, as well, and liked their food. The wait staff was above average and were very patient as we were there 4 hours on a Saturday evening. We ususally don't take up a table in a restaurant for that long but the staff made us feel comfortable and told us not to rush even though the restaurant was crowded. We won't wait so long before going back.

Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Front staff did not have our table ready despite having a reservation. Waiter was quite pushy and very complimentary of the food despite our not having tasted it yet. Food was however very good.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Went here tonight with my date. We were the first people to arrive for dinner and had very good service. The wait staff was very nice and attentive. I had the Taverna Special which was basically a sampler of their most popular dishes. It was okay. Some portions were really good, some okay, and some ehhh. My date loved his, and literally cleaned his plate. He really enjoyed his, me not so much. I should mention that I am rather picky with my Greek food.

2  Thank Anne J
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We went there for the Sunday brunch buffet. They have a beautiful large patio in the back, which was very pleasurable. The food was just average Greek fair. I guess being a buffet also makes if filling since you can eat til you drop. Service was also very good.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

The food, staff and atmosphere combined make this restaurant! The buffet had a great selection and everything was fresh and tasty. The staff is very attentive and gracious. Perfect outdoor dining!