“Beautiful patio for lunch or brunch”
Review of Taverna Cretekou

Taverna Cretekou
Ranked #21 of 759 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Seattle, Washington
“Beautiful patio for lunch or brunch”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Three of us had a lovely brunch here before catching Metro for an afternoon of Smithsonian museums. My omelet was filled with fresh tomatoes and an amazing feta -- which isn't surprising as it was a Greek restaurant. My granddaughter gave high marks to the spanikopita. Service and ambiance on the patio were outstanding.

Visited July 2013

• Greek first
Libertyville IL
“Outstanding Greek Cuisine”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Wonderfully pleasant room in the heart of Old Town. Friendly service and tremendous Greek cuisine. The Greek salad used feta that was fresh and pleasantly creamy, almost sweet, with large capers. We shared a combo plate main course, and really enjoyed it. The only slightly off note was the spanakopita. Good, but not great. Friendly service, and a very attractive garden patio (although 90 degrees and 90% humidity in greater DC made the garden less of an option).

• Visited July 2013
Orchard Park, New York
“Not a dining destination, but not bad”
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

When we came in, the dining area smelled like cats. We ordered an appetizer sampler, calamari, a salad, a kalamata chicken special, and lamb and vegetables in filo dough. The appetizers were mostly good, especially the calamari, and the dips were delicious. The spanakopita was not anything special, I've made better. Both entrees were fair, with different flavors than what you would usually find in Greek restaurants. Service was excellent, very accommodating to our wanting to share food. In an area filled with restaurants, this would not be my first choice.

Visited July 2013
“Great Pick”
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in here last night since the kids like Greek food, it was terrific. Prices were normal to a little more, but well worth it for sure. Lived here years ago, but never tried it (too many restaurants in Old Town). Highly recommend!

• Visited July 2013
Berlin, Maryland
“good food, lovely garden area, try the sampler”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I tried this restaurant tonight because of its rating on trip advisor. I was greeted warmly, and since I was alone, seated in a nice little nook with a garden view.. I choose the sampler, its a good sized meal of 5 smaller portions of the favorites. Good to order if you can't make up your mind like me. The waiter was attentive, and the meal came out very very fast. I really enjoyed it. I would definitely return here. I wanted to sit outside in the beautiful garden area, but it was way to hot for that, unfortunately.

• Visited June 2013