New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Excellent rehearsal dinner experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Geranio Ristorante

Geranio Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Geranio Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 728 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Old Town
Cross street: Columbus Street
Transit: King Street Metro
Crown Point, IN
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent rehearsal dinner experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

For a special occasion, I highly recommend Geranio Ristorante! Chef Troy Clayton was outstanding in providing assistance & guidance with planning a rehearsal dinner for my son & his bride-to-be in July, 2013. Almost all of the planning was conducted by email with the chef's prompt & detailed answers to all my questions. Having dined there on a visit to the D.C. area 3 months earlier, I found the quality of food & service to be excellent which was again happily evident during our special occasion. The upstairs private dining area was perfect for our group of 25 with an intimate atmosphere & delicious meal. The only challenge our guests faced was selecting which of the several excellent choices to make from each course on Geranio's custom designed menus for our rehearsal dinner. The service was prompt & efficient & we had many rave reviews from guests who declared their meals to be outstanding. Whether you are located in the area or states away, you can count on Chef Troy & his staff to meet your every special occasion need. Bon Appetit !

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Elaine T

Westbrook, Maine
“Classy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant was a classy Italian place along the lines of what you might see in Little Italy in New York or Boston. I ordered the fettuccine and it was very good, although the highlight was the appetizer I ordered. The tomato and fresh mozzarella salad was exquisite, amongst the best I have had. Parking was a bit of an issue, but the restaurant itself wasn't too crowded. Overall, I recommend this restaurant.

Visited July 2013
Massachusetts
“Another great meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We were back after a few months and had another wonderful experience. The service, the menu and the quality of the food are well worth a visit!

Visited June 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We entertained 10 guests here last night and it was the most amazing meal most of us could remember having. The entrees are to-die-for. Their risottos were all amazing and the filet was fantastic. Also, the service was spectacular. Perfect experience.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Wonderful Italian restaurant! This place has it all...great food (and not just Italian), great service, awesome wine list. Prices are within reason. My husband had the lobster risotto. He raved about it. I had the sea scallops. They were good, but next time I will heed the notation regarding the fact that certain dishes are prepared medium rare unless otherwise requested I think I would have preferred them a little more well done. Our daughter had the free range chicken. They were very agreeable to a request she had to swap sides. A ten percent discount was given if dinner was ordered before 7 or after 9:30 We were happy to discover this fact and because our reservation was for 6, we were given the discount...an added plus. Salads are ala carte. Good experience. I will go back.

• Visited May 2013