“Happy New Year, Again!”
Review of Geranio Ristorante

Geranio Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Geranio Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #93 of 763 Restaurants in Alexandria
Transit: King Street Metro
Tampa, Florida
“Happy New Year, Again!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

For the 2nd straight year we celebrated the incoming new year at Geranio's. My wife loves it and so do I. They have a fantastic 5 course meal in a very romantic setting. The service again was outstanding, but you get what you pay for. The New Year's dinner is very expensive but worth the experience. The everyday prices are much more affordable, so I recommend going on one of the 354 other days of the year. Another must go to place!

Arlington, Virginia
“Wonderful treat in Old Town - great food and style!”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My partner and I ate here for New Years Eve as part of their $75 5-course dinner. Every course was delicious, especially the prosciutto wrapped mozzarella and the risotto. I had the beef as the main course and my partner had the lobster dish. We really enjoyed the food and will definitely be back. The wine list was great, too.

I really consider this a hidden gem in Old Town, as we were both pleasantly surprised by how cute it was inside. We will definitely be back here again and again!

1 Thank wxnats
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
“Excellent food, European style”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This was date night and we made a reservation about 3 days ahead of time through Open Table, the next morning, I was called by the restaurant to push the reservation about 1/2 hour. They called at 8:30am to do this that was nice, I was able to adjust the babysitter. We arrived about 10 minutes early, but were seated right away. There were several large parties as it is the holiday season so we were seated at a table right by the kitchen, which wasn't terrible, but wait staff were walking by quite often and it was a bit noisy, a table up front would have been nicer. The prices were right and my husband had the veal special and said it was fantastic. I have some health restrictions but in looking at the menu prior I knew I would be fine and I ordered several small items, sides, which were quite satisfactory. The atmosphere was very European and the wine list was extensive. It was a lovely date.

Miami, Florida
“Delightful romantic lunch at Christmas time”
Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

While walking through Oldtown Alexandria looking for a delightful place for lunch, we came upon this restaurant. To our surprise and delight, the main dining room had a large decorated Christmas tree and a roaring fire in fireplace. We were given a table by the fireplace and a window overlooking the cobblestone sidewalks of Alexandria. Adding to the wonderful atmosphere was excellent food. The warm salad of spinach with seared salmon and warm mushroom dressing was outstanding as was the pasta with Italian sausage and black olives. The cappuccino was outstanding and we finished off our lunch with crème brûlée that rates as good as any we've had any restaurant. On top of all this, the cost of this lunch was far below what we expected for the ambience, service, and quality of the food. We highly recommend this stop in Alexandria

Washington DC, District of Columbia
1,408 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 3,936 helpful votes
“Romantic date night!”
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I ate here last night and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! The food was delicious and the atmosphere was romantic and intimate. The staff was friendly and helpful, and it was just an all around wonderful experience!

1 Thank QuickWhitTravel