“Very nice for a date or anniversary”
Review of Geranio Ristorante

Geranio Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Geranio Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #125 of 767 Restaurants in Alexandria
Neighborhood: Old Town
Cross street: Columbus Street
Transit: King Street Metro
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I have used this restaurant three times for an anniversary dinner, Valentines dinner, and just a night out dinner. The menu is a little fancy for those that want something outside the realm of a chain restaurant. The setting is quaint and romantic but they tend to put too many tables in both dining rooms. I would prefer this place giving a little more room to allow couples some privacy. The food was cooked perfectly each time. I had wild mushroom risotto with range free chicken. It was fantastic. Parking in Alexandria is limited. The price for a meal for two will run about $100 with tip.

1  Thank BenLI

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Geranio's store-front restaurant presents fresh, inventive dishes with roots in Italian cuisine in an attractive, comfortable setting. Wonderful selection of risotto and homemade pasta dishes, along with salads that are a perfect blend of greens and dressing. The wild mushroom risotto with pancetta, English peas, parmesan is mouth-watering. Save room for an entre: the oven-roasted pork loin is to die for. Veal Scallopini melts in your mouth. We went with a big group and were able to talk comfortably. Wonderful meal with attentive wait-staff.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

I was part of a group of six who enjoyed a Sunday dinner at Ristorante Geranio. Service was very attentive and pleasant, without being obtrusive or obsequious. Everyone enjoyed their appetizers and main courses (although the tomato soup with bread and pesto was a little more like spaghetti sauce than soup).

Reviewed May 6, 2012

The service was fantastic. The veal scallopini was very good, not tough. We all enjoyed our veal dishes. I was a bit disappointed in the creme brulee. It was not well crusted on the top and it was a bit mushy; but, all in all good.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

We decided to try Geranio since it looked like it had the less-predictable (not all pizza, eggplant, ziti) menu of the "Italian" places in Alexandria, and my husband was really in the mood for Italian, specifically veal. We couldn't have been more pleased. The service was impeccable but not intrusive. When I asked the location of the ladies' room, our waiter escorted me there (oddly, that happened a couple days later at another Alexandria restaurant, but that's another review..).

I had the fettucine with chicken, spinach, tomatoes in parmesan cream, and OMG, it was the best fettucine ever, with a little kick I can't figure out. It was absolutely perfect. My husband had the veal scallopine and said it was the best he'd ever had.

The atmosphere was kinda old-world but in a good way, not the drippy candles in wine bottles, but black/white decor and an intimate room. I think this was the best meal of our week-long trip to the D.C. area.

1  Thank clmfla