“Excellent Filet”

Joe Theismann's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Joe Theismann's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 768 Restaurants in Alexandria
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Old Town
Cross street: King Street
Transit: Joe Theismann's Restaurant is well served by public transportation. The King Street Metro train is located across the street on the blue and the yellow lines, only two stops from Reagan Airport. Also across the street are the Amtrak and VRE trains, Alexandria Dash Bus and REX bus stops as well as the free city Tolley.
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Visiting Alexandria on business and I was pleasantly surprised by Joe Theismann's. The food was excellent, especially the filet mignon (rare and tender). Sides were great, wine by the glass was very good, wait staff did a great job. I reserved a table ahead of time online, and I was seated immediately. Great dining experience.

1  Thank Petethekid
Write a ReviewReviews (1,184)

Reviewed July 11, 2014

We arrived by Amtrak. The RR station, subway station, and Old Town Trolley are all right across the street from the restaurant plus the Embassy Suites, Hilton and Hampton Inn are all within a block. What a great spot to stay and then to have a great restaurant and bar at your feet . .. inside and outside dining . . . we like their Cajun shrimp salad and their steak salad . . . but there are also about 5 other great salads. Ate here twice on this trip. We have always had good food . . good staff . . . salads in the $10 range . . . a winner.

1  Thank J T
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I've reviewed numerous restaurants on TripAdvisor, usually ones I've patronized on trips. But I have never until now thought to review one of my own local favorites, Joe Theismann's. My wife and I live about eight blocks away from Theismann's, and I work just a block away. I have eaten there for over 20 years, probably several hundreds of business and personal meals. It may be the only restaurant where I have taken business associates and my grandchildren and both groups have enjoyed it. The food is consistently good. In 20 years, I have never had a bad meal there. That's a remarkable record. Theismann's is a "sports bar," which means it has a busy bar, serves a lot of alcohol and has numerous screens for sporting events. But unlike many sports bars, where the food is an afterthought, Theismann's has a competent kitchen and takes pride in what it puts in front of its customers. The menu is varied, from "bar food" to full meals, most very good and only a very few unmemorable. The service is polite. informed and efficient. Louis, Peter and Deborah stand out in my mind, but other servers are good, too. They always make you feel welcome. On the fringes of "Old Town Alexandria," Theismann's provides a consistently good experience. It should not be overlooked.

2  Thank Yankee26Soldier
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Our group of five had a reunion at this restaurant. While the waiter was attentive before the meal, he seemed unsure of placement of dishes on the table, and once the bill was paid failed to refresh our waters. This is the management's job to correctly train their staff and continue to evaluate if standards are maintained. Also disliked the waiter pushing us for upgrades. The food was standard fare. My husband and I had sesame-encrusted ahi and our friends had sandwiches. A TV over our table was on the whole time even after a soccer game. Really? When people go to eat, it's to enjoy the food and the company. The TV is a distraction.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

It was located by the hotel we stayed. We tried it once and ended up eating there a total of 3 times during our stay. The food was good the service was good. It was priced accordingly.

1  Thank Mack184