“Still a Very Good Value”

Joe Theismann's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Joe Theismann's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 769 Restaurants in Alexandria
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Old Town
Cross street: King Street
Transit: Joe Theismann's Restaurant is well served by public transportation. The King Street Metro train is located across the street on the blue and the yellow lines, only two stops from Reagan Airport. Also across the street are the Amtrak and VRE trains, Alexandria Dash Bus and REX bus stops as well as the free city Tolley.
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Haven't been there in several years--still very good across the board--friendly service, very good food and reasonable prices. We'll be back!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,199)

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Good sports bar. Go for events. Enjoy most everything on the menu. Prices are very good. Gumbo is a very chap meal! Steaks are excellent quality, crab cake sandwich is good.
Beer choices are plenty

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I've eaten here several times over the past few months. The food is consistently good and the service is always nice. One of my go-to places. Good location.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Not the best food for the Old Town area. Food was priced fairly high for the mediocre quality. Environment was pretty relaxed with lots of TV's around the bar with a fair amount of seating.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I had been craving a "real" burger for days while on our trip to DC. We wound up at Theismann's on 12/30, and I had that wish fulfilled (perfectly cooked, though I do object to being charged for cheese, onions, etc.). I also opted to substitute FF's for a baked potato and while our attentive server brought me two, both were overcooked and not edible. My husband chose the Seafood Fra Diavolo
(salmon, scallops, shrimp, spicy garlic marinara, linguini) but asked for no salmon which our server said was no problem. While he enjoyed it, it was certainly not up to the high standard he loved in Bar Harbor, ME. Our service was great - but food just average I would say for the prices ($27 for SFD and $11 for hambuger, plus add-ons); however, it was a very convenient spop just next-door to our hotel.

1  Thank Diane C