“Tasty but Slow”

Joe Theismann's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Joe Theismann's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 763 Restaurants in Alexandria
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Old Town
Cross street: King Street
Transit: Joe Theismann's Restaurant is well served by public transportation. The King Street Metro train is located across the street on the blue and the yellow lines, only two stops from Reagan Airport. Also across the street are the Amtrak and VRE trains, Alexandria Dash Bus and REX bus stops as well as the free city Tolley.
Reviewed October 6, 2011

My wife and I enjoyed a tasty dinner but the service was painfully slow.

There are newer reviews for Joe Theismann's Restaurant

Reviewed September 28, 2011

We ate @ Joe Theismann's restaurant today. We got there around 3:30, so we were able to order from the lunch menu. Everything we ordered was delicious! I had grilled Mahi-Mahi($19), husband and father had Pork chops ($17.50), and mother had Tilapia ($13.25). I'll try to attach pictures. Shared peanut butter pie for dessert. The presentation was perfect. Service was great. Wonderful experience. We'll be back when in the area again!

Reviewed September 26, 2011

Stayed at the Embassy Suites and came back from a day sightseeing, so this was a great option. The restaurant on a Thursday night was very busy with a wait of 20 -30 minutes if we wanted to eat inside. Chose to eat outside since the humidity subsided.

Service was very good, no problems there.

Food - I ordered the filet mignon - medium rare. It was cooked perfectly ($26). Other's ordered the crab cakes and it was very good too.

Overall a good meal. Plus we saved 10% off as there was a coupon in one of the guide books we picked up in the hotel.

Reviewed September 24, 2011

We just arrived in town and saw Joe THeismann's was right around the corner from our hotel. It was early Friday evening and the place was crowded to the max, mostly with locals. We found two seats at the bar and ordered the filet special at $24 each. They came out a nice size, perfectly cooked, med-rare and medium, as ordered. It came with a salad and side vegetable and mashed potatoes. We thought it was a very good deal. They have specials each day.The gals behind the bar were very friendly and so efficient - I haven't seen that kind of teamwork in a long time. All-in-all, I hope we get to eat there again on this trip. Great place!

Reviewed September 18, 2011

Sometimes you just want a good burger and a beer. And that's what you get at Theisman's. When I ordered "medium rare" it was medium rare, perfection! Gotta love that! Nice sized burger on brioche, instead of a regular boring bun, with cheddar and bacon (actually probably not good for me, but that's another story), but really delicious. Fries were a little soggy, so I didn't bother with them. Sit in the back for a quiet meal, or in the bar to watch the game along with the rest of the crowd. I prefer the booths in the bar, for the best of both!