“Always good!”

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed December 1, 2012

La Refuge has been around for years and still wonderful. I love the small intimate and quaint dining room. Can't go wrong with classic French onion soup and the frog legs are the best! Actually, I think you can order anything off the menu and be pleased. The prices are very fair.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I highly recommend this restaurant for a delicious French dining experience. The boeuf au poivre is amazing, and the small country-style cafe atmosphere makes it an excellent choice for couples.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

A Very Small Piece of France in Old Town. French Classic Dishes prepared very well. The Bouillabaisse is the best in Metro DC. The restaurant is run by its owners who are always in front and in back of the house. The only Gripe -- Do a better job of washing the wine glasses please. I hate to have to inspect for lip lines every time I go...and if it wasn't for the fact that I love your food, I wouldn't continue to go back. I hate dirty wine glasses.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have been enjoying the food, service and convenience of Le Refuge since it opened 29 years ago. Birthdays, Valentine's Day and every special occasion requires a visit here. ***** (5 stars)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

An incredibly fine dining experience. The only problem I have dining here is trying to convince myself away to order something other than the filet in roquefort sauce! I haven't been successful yet but others in our dining parties have raved about their choices as well. My wife is as hared to get away from the Coquilles St. Jacques as I am from the filet. Intimate, homey, outstanding service. You simply cannot go wrong here.