“Want to Eat Here Every Meal”

Atlantis Pizzeria and Family Restaurant
Ranked #150 of 902 Restaurants in Alexandria
Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

Atlantis is our comfort food go-to restaurant. Tucked in Bradlee Shopping Center on King Street in Alexandria, VA, my family and I have been eating there for over 30 years.

Their homemade soups are so popular, they sell them by the quart for take home. I love the split pea and avgolemono.

The pizza is the best in the DC area. The cold Greek salad topped with creamy dressing, feta cheese, thinly sliced onions and green peppers and black olives is to die for.

Breakfast is served daily until 3 pm-- the omelettes are yummy.

The waitresses have been there for years along with the top notch chefs.

I feel like I'm in Greece while there with the music and beautiful blue ceiling and murals of famous Greek Isles and sites.

I would eat there daily if I had my way.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed June 29, 2018

Atlantis has been in Alexandria for generations. There is something on the menu for everyone -- great salads, tasty greek dishes, pizzas, subs, seafood. chicken, the list goes on. The service is always friendly and if you have kids, they have a dining room that seems to cater to families--that's nice if you don't have kids eating with you as the other dining area is quieter. Good food, good value

Reviewed June 28, 2018

I wanted to take my friend out to dinner close by as he is being cared for at Woodbine just down the street. The menu had steaks and he was hankering for a nice T Bone.
Upon arrival, we thought we were going to have a meal until the waitress said they didn't do steaks anymore....not T Bone, not Delmonico, not NY Strip....no steaks....huh? Since when?
So, we settled for what was supposed to be spaghetti with meatballs and sausage. We get our iceberg salad, a carafe (no wine list is normally a warning sign) of red wine, and then our spaghetti comes out.
If it was the 1960s, I think this would be the version of spaghetti with meatballs and sausage....tasted like canned sauce, pre frozen meatballs and boiled and not grilled sausage. UGH!! We were so hungry we had to brave it up and just eat that stuff.
Needless to say, the wine didn't help us either...slightly chilled so it won't go too bad sitting around....UGH.
The ONE THING that was outstanding? The waitress was so polite, so nice, checked on us to see if everything was okay, and I have to say, she got a good tip but the food was not even entertaining.

1  Thank corkscrewd
Reviewed June 20, 2018

30 years ago, my wife and I belonged to a co-ed softball team that played games in nearby Minnie Howard Park. We would all gather at Atlantis after our games, for beer and pizza. The restaurant even sponsored the team and provided T-shirts to use as jerseys. Instead of uniform numbers, each player had their favorite menu item on the back of their T-shirt (Tuna Sub, Chicken Parm, etc). Great memories!

We had to drop by for lunch this summer when we visited the area. With all the changes in the area, we wondered whether Atlantis would be the same. Indeed, we discovered they had relocated, staying within the same Brad-Lee Shopping Center. The interior decor was updated, but as we were seated and waiting for our menus, my wife recognized one of the waitresses. She came by and as she took our order she confirmed that she'd been working there back in the day. Same owners, she told us.

We ordered our tuna subs and Greek Salad, and the food was as good as ever!

A great little restaurant. Good food, good prices, great service.

Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

Evening out with family and grandkids. Ordered the pizza based on previous recommendations. We ordered a large one with two different toppings on each side. Although the order was messed up (toppings not divided) the overall meal was great. Crust was perfect and the toppings abundant. Service was good except for the order hiccup and everyone had a great time. Will definitely be back but will be more careful on insuring the order is understood and clear.