“Better than "Average" but not quite "Very Good" Mexican Place”
Review of Dos Amigos

Dos Amigos
Ranked #120 of 795 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Trip Advisor needs a category between "average" and "very good"!! This independent restaurant is better than "average" but not quite at "very good".

This is a new, independent restaurant located on Braddock Road, near the Braddock Road Metro -- at the corner of Braddock Road and West Street. This is a location that has seen a lot of turnover, and I wish the restaurant well!

I have eaten here two times. The first time was at lunch when there was hardly anyone there and the food was very good and the service was good. It is an attractive restaurant.

The second time was in the evening, and the place was quite crowded. The one waitress and the cook were being worked to their capacity and could simply not keep up with the orders. We saw part of our order sitting on the pickup counter for quite some time before the other orders were ready. The food suffered from having sat out and we did not bother to tell the waitress that she had gotten the type of beans wrong as we did not wish to wait any longer.

The drinks have always been very good here and you definitely can taste the alcohol, which I appreciate if I am going to order a drink.

So, I will be back but perhaps not as soon as I had hoped. This place is very convenient and I so very much miss Los Amigos from Mount Vernon Avenue that I had hoped this place would be a good substitute. Alas, the taste is not the same.

I hope they can get their service and cooking coordinated for a full house and wish them well!