“Go to Nando's Peri Peri” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #73 of 748 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Go to Nando's Peri Peri”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

I have been to this Nando's location 3 times now.
The seating experience is different, but it is certainly no reason for complaint.
The food, portion size and prices are great.
I have tried all the sides and most of the sandwiches. I can't complain about any of it- all good. I will rave about their appetizer garlic bread. It is deelish.
I am not big on hot sauce, so I can not comment on the thotness factor - I know, I know that is what they are known for. I have tried the Lemon & Herb and Mango & Lime and they were both tasty.

The customer service at Nando's is outstanding. There are very few businesses that really care about making their customer experience worthwhile - Nando's really cares about making their eaters happy.
I will keep going back to Nando's because the food is good, but even more so because the customer service makes me so happy!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Yummy chicken on NYE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

The place was totally full as we came in, and a group of four were turned away before us. This was right before 10pm too, so the kitchen was about to close - me and my partner were the last two people to come in and order! We ordered a half a chicken and Portuguese rice, my favourites. Excellent service considering the busyness and time of the day.

A good thing about Nando's is that you can buy their delicious sauces at the restaurant, and that's what my partner did!

Visited December 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“confused experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

decided to give a try after walking by this place a lot. well, i don't think i like it.
it was kind of wierd that you got ushered in and seated, and then you got up to order at the counter...
the so called hot sauce was not that hot. overall, the chicken was good but not something that can blast your taste buds. it was overly priced, especially for the side dishes.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Alexandria, Virginia
“Good food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Nando's is a nice place to eat. Good quality food at reasonable prices. My criticism of the Nando's model is that it is something between fast food and a full service restaurant: you order at a counter; the staff delivers the food to your table; and you're responsible for eveything else, i.e., drinks, utensils, sauces, etc. What's the point...go across the street, pay a few bucks more and get cloth napkins and full service.

Visited October 2013
Annandale, VA
“Tasty and fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

Ate at Nando's Peri Peri for lunch for the first time. The Old Town location is 2 stories. As you enter, you are greeted and seated. Once seated, you look at the menu, notice your table number, and then go up to the cash register/bar to order your meal. It is brought to you at your table. So it's a combination of self service/being served. We were upstairs and the music was lively. It might have been a little bit too loud because it was hard to hear my friend sometimes. Downstairs seemed quieter. The main staple of the restaurant is chicken cooked at different levels of spicy. The menu says they have mild too. It's a mix of African and Portuguese flavors. They have sandwiches, salads, comfort food such as chicken and mashed potatoes, and more. Nice selection. I had the country salad with lemon chicken and a side of fries with the peri peri salt & mayo. Fun flavors! The salad had a tasty cheese in it...halloumi? Recommend giving it a try.

Visited October 2013