“Excellent food, well served”
Review of Paraiso Latino

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Paraiso Latino
Ranked #507 of 767 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Latin
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Great food, plentiful portions and pleasant surroundings. We dined there during a downpour, so it was fairly empty. Most of the staff were watching a Spanish telenovella, but we were never neglected. The only difficulty was that our server did not speak English, so we had to have some help with our order, but it wasn't any trouble. Overall, really enjoyed our meal and would definitely eat there again.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I do have to partially agree with other reviewer? I sat at the bar and had good service with no language barrier. Yes, the chili con queso was velveta. I too am accustomed to queso blanco. I also ordered a tamale which was good and the beef enchiladas that came with rice and refried beans were very good. I didn't find it expensive at all. I would go back if in the area craving Mexican food. Ole'

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Okay, that may sound ridiculous considering it's a Mexican/Latin restaurant but they don't have a sign at the entrance stating, no hablamos ingles. I actually wouldn't have taken exception to that. What frosts me is that despite giving specific order details, none of them were followed and that includes my ordering water. When the waitress apparently didn't understand, I said "Agua." She nodded her head as if she acknowledged, so I finished my meal without a drink.

The food itself was pretty good. The queso con chili was made with Velveeta. When I asked why no queso blanco, the said, "we no have." Well, that wasn't true because the chimichanga another person ordered was served with traditional queso blanco. Really? Velveeta?

You cannot get free soda refills as they are only served in cans. We liked the fajitas adequately but the service was absolutely atrocious. It was not a good experience and for that matter, it was very expensive. One order of cheese dip, 3 fajitas and 1 chimichana was $60. I would have been better off taking the family to Taco Bell. Very disappointing.

1  Thank dspindler