“Very good gluten-free treats”
Review of The Happy Tart

The Happy Tart
Ranked #6 of 27 Bakeries in Alexandria
Fairfield, Pennsylvania
“Very good gluten-free treats”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

My friend who lives in the area insisted we stop here to get something for dessert. I've never had gluten-free before and I wasn't sure what to expect. First of all, if you are a new customer there you can get a free sample of their small desserts. I had the lemon curd and it was so good, so refreshing. I also got the vanilla cupcake with salted caramel....I have to say it was a little bland. It was still good but just not what I'm used to. I'm sure those who have a gluten allergy would love this place though.

• Visited June 2014

Virginia Beach, VA
“Amazing simple gluten free bakery!”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

This place was so yummy! I'm gluten free (and avoid soy though it's not an allergy) and so although this small bakery had macaroons and a few cupcakes, what we got was DELICIOUS! We had a s'mores cupcake, vanilla cupcake with salted caramel icing (shockingly yummy, I thought it would be rather plain), and a marble cheesecake. The prices were very reasonable. Wish I had remembered to take a picture! They had two benches outside, so it could use more seating. Walk or take the #10 bus route, it's about a mile from the Braddock Rd. Metro stop (blue line).

• Visited April 2014
Lac du Flambeau, Wisconsin
“Wedding delights”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Our son and daughter-in-law had The Happy Tart make their wedding cake; it was almond cake with raspberry with butter cream icing. One of the tastiest cakes I have ever enjoyed. They also made a wonderful chocolate caramel sheet cake. Gluten free and delicious!

• Visited April 2014
Alexandria
“Pastry Heaven for those with celiac disease”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Gluten free or not, the pastry chef is beyond talented. You must try the flakey butter crust. A few good options for those who are avoiding milk due to allergies. That is one thing this reviewer would love to see expand...more dairy free options for a GF milk allergic child

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank FoodieTootie
South Carolina
“Decent selection of goodies...”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

As others have mentioned Happy Tart sits back off the main road and is hard to see unless your know where to look.
The inside is small,but there is a decent selections of goodies to choose from.
The brownies were good,the almond joy macaroons were good,the mixed berry tarts were just so so.
I would stop in again if in the area and grab some more brownies.

• Visited July 2013