“It was busy”

Mamma's Kitchen
Order Online
Ranked #63 of 902 Restaurants in Alexandria
Reviewed May 21, 2019

I heard about this place from the people in my neighborhood and decided it was time.
We arrived and it was busy for dinner time. We ordered the white pizza, fettucini alfredo, lentil soup and special salad, and chicken florentine.
The pizza was very tasty with a thin crust and lots of flavor. The food was all very tasty and the size of the bowl of soup and salad was large as my daughter is vegetarian and just wanted those 2 dishes along with some pizza.
Service was a little off, but the staff was very friendly and attentive.
I plan to go back and try a couple other dishes.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed March 6, 2019

We were a group of 7 on a first visit here. Our party included 2 children ages 8 & 10. While this restaurant appealed to numerous couples, there were also families dining. Located in a tiny strip with limited parking, it is still very popular and there was regularly a line waiting to be seated. That said, do not be put off. Seating waits were short and the food is excellent.

Menu. Our table ordered wine, the moussaka, Florentine chicken, Mediterranean chicken salad, another dinner salad, kid's pizza, kid's cheeseburger, ... The kid's cheeseburger was pronounced "the best"! Everything was large portions. some of everything left in take home boxes. Everyone enjoyed their menu choice. The salads were beautifully presented and huge. My moussaka was delicious, it was a bit different from the traditional recipe, and I chose it because it was recommended by our server. Next time I will try my second choice of a seafood dish. My side salad was very good: I ate every bite and especially enjoyed the stuffed grape leaf. The garlic bread was a hit, and it could be ordered with or without a cheese topping. Dessert menu was appealing, but we skipped.
Service? Attentive, not obtrusive, relatively quick despite the restaurant being very busy.
Prices? The Mediterranean salad was $10, my moussaka was $16, and the chicken was $18, ...
Ambiance? Small, busy.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed January 8, 2019 via mobile

Visited for diner, its a good mix of greek and italian food. Hearty portions so bring an apetite. Had the greek trio appetizer lots of pita bread! Then had Italian for main dish, the baked pasta delicious.

They have a good selection of desserts too, but we were to stuffed to order any, definitely next time

Service is fast and friendly. Parking out front.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 5, 2018 via mobile

Mama's Kitchen is very close to home, so it makes you it very convenient for us. We love that it is locally owned and operated. Every time we have been the food and service has always been great. I don't know that I have had the same thing twice yet. I love to try something different every time.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed November 30, 2018

Had a solo lunch recently after reading some positive reviews. The restaurant is a little off the beaten path, which is too bad because nearby restaurants with more prominent street presence are not nearly as good. There is a moderately priced lunch menu with a variety of choices. I had the Mediterranean Chicken Salad - a generous portion served in an appetizing manor. The greens were very fresh and the chicken flavorful and tender. The service was friendly, and the ambiance was comfortable. The restaurant must be family run, or so it seems. If I'm back in this neighborhood I will certainly eat here again.

Date of visit: November 2018