“Excellent Thai food!”

Cuisines: Thai
Springfield, Virginia
“Excellent Thai food!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

We eat here all the time, sometimes in the restaurant and sometimes by delivery. We have never had a bad meal. The peanut sauce is the best around. Excellent fried rice. We highly recommend!

• Visited March 2013

Arlington, Virginia
“I'm still having dreams of their curry sauce”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

DELICIOUS! Honestly deserves 4.5 stars but not an option...and was only going to dock it the half a star because they "cheated" us out of one chicken wing in our appetizer :)

That said, the chicken wings were fantastic. Flash fried so lightly crispy outside, generously covered in a honey siracha sauce. Perfect blend of spicy sweet!

The spice continued with the green curry chicken based on all the recommendations here. We were a little concerned that it came as huge chunks of chicken. We needn't have worried. The chicken fell apart at the touch and melted in your mouth. And I'm not ashamed to admit that I ate a few spoonfuls of the sauce by itself. Amazing.

We also ordered drunken noodles with beef. Meat was lean and cooked well. Noodles were tasty although not overly flavorful (Disclaimer: lack of flavor might have been due to my mouth being pleasantly on fire :)

Service was friendly and attentive. Atmosphere was clean, beautiful, modern and bright (colors; lighting was more 'mood lighting'). Prices were the tiniest bit higher than avg local thai options (avg entrees were between $10.50-$12.95)

My husband and I are BIG thai fans and will go to Bangkok Golden in Falls Church 99% of the time (our fave!) but this new found gem will surely change that frequency. Highly highly recommend. We'll be back for sure.

• Visited March 2013
FAIRFAX
“Wow! Great food and service!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This was recommended by a friend who has eaten here many times. We had a group of 6 and we shared food and every appetizer and entree we tried was amazing! The portions were good, the decor is beautiful, the bar looked interesting (we hear they have specials during the week) and the service was fantastic. Definitely a place we will return to again and again!

• Visited January 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Thai In Alexandria”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Just running errands in the 'burbs, saw this place and dropped in. What a nice surprise. Probably the best vegetable pad thai we've had in the DC area, and they had an interesting curry eggplant that was so simple and so delicious. Service was very good. And the price was very reasonable - much less than what we pay in DC, and so much better. So, not expecting such a fine presentation, we felt very fortunate to have come upon such an accomplished Thai restaurant out there.

• Visited December 2012
Falls Church, Virginia
“Best Thai I've ever had”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Sugar Palm is not right in the middle of all the action, but if you plan ahead you can stop there on your way to/from the action! I have eaten at many Thai restaurants over the past ten years, and this place is the absolute yummiest. We recently went back to an old favorite, and I swear it tasted like they made their dishes in the microwave! Sugar Palm has a slightly different take on Thai dishes, but it's definitely authentic. My husband works near the restaurant, so I try to make an excuse to visit him at least once a week and we almost always have lunch there. The staff is great too! We've been so many times that the waitresses remember what I've liked and make recommendations based on my previous visits.

• Visited December 2012