“Decent food / Good service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Sangjun Thai Restaurant
Ranked #144 of 748 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Decent food / Good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

We ate here for lunch on a Saturday afternoon. I had appetizers (Larb Gai and Healthy Rolls) as an entree. The dipping sauces were good, though the Larb had a touch too much garlic for my liking. My companion had the Pad Thai which was fine... lots of crushed peanuts which I like. The service was excellent and the food came out FAST. This restaurant is on the corner of King Street and Fairfax, so there are lots of windows for some great people watching. There is an upstairs too, which wasn't occupied during lunch. It looks a bit stark, so given the choice, I'd choose dining on the first floor.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

lowestoft
“Good Thai”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

We had Thai twice whilst in ALexandria and this was the best of them for me (although my wife prefered the one on the waterfront). good tasty food and lovely service.

Visited October 2013
Bucks County, PA
“Delicious Thai food, nice heat and spice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

We met friends for dinner at Sangjun Thai and we all enjoyed our meals. We told the waitress we were vegetarian and did not want anything with fish in it and she was very helpful in helping us make appropriate selections. My drunken noodles were amazing, very, very spicy, but I couldn't stop eating them. My husband got the rama tofu and liked it but didn't love it. He said it needed more sauce & flavor. My daughter loved her pad see-ew (again, very spicy) but wasn't a fan of the Thai iced tea (she said it was too sweet). But overall, a good meal for a good price.

• Visited September 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Nice little place in Old Town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Menu was decent, prices were just right, and food was excellent. The veggies in the drunken noodles were very fresh and tasty. Just the right amount of spice. Quiet and small location on King Street, would be a great date place. Nice decor and ambiance.

Visited August 2013
Florida
“The Garlic Lover is Awesome”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Picked this restaurant based on viewing their menu. I got the Ginger Perfect and my friend got the Garlic Lover. The Ginger Perfect was just okay. However, the Garlic Lover was excellent. It had strong garlic flavor but was not overpowering to eat. The chicken still came through. The serving size of the garlic dish was twice as large as the ginger dish, providing us with dinner the next night. The service was okay. However, when we asked the waiter what rhyzomes were (it's garlic root), he did not know. Instead he went back to the kitchen and brought us out a sample. Raw garlic is not something you want to sample. Anyway, we enjoyed our meal, but probably would not go back to the restaurant for dinner since there are so many other restaurants in the area to try. However, we would get the Garlic Lover as take-out any time!

• Visited July 2013