“Great Thai food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sangjun Thai Restaurant
Ranked #144 of 748 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Lexington
“Great Thai food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Wow! wonderful flavorful food. I had the pineapple fried rice and it was the best I have ever had. It was well presented and the flavors were wonderful.
Very enjoyable. I took friends out on a Friday night. No wait and great service. No one was disappointed.
Cot was very reasonable. Will definitely visit again.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank triotrois

California
“good food, good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

One of the nicest atmospheres of any Thai restaurant we've ever been to. Clean, rustic contemporary decor.

Great food. Only tried the panang curry, and "healthy rolls" but we loved both. Curry serving was pretty big. Larger than average for any Thai restaurant.

Service was not spectacular, but it was good. Slightly better than average for a Thai restaurant.

Overall, it was a good value and we'll definitely return next time we're in Alexandria.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank gringoca
Bluffton, Ohio
“Good Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Just a block from our hotel and walked by many times experiencing the wonderful smells - finally stopped for dinner. Ate upstairs which was fine and probably quieter. Started with "healthy rolls" and they were tasty. I ordered Pad Kow with chicken and it was great - very spicy which I love. Wife had soft shells and they were nice and crispy. Tried a Pinot Noir from a limited wine list and it worked. Definitely would return.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank RWM72942
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Thai in Old Town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I was visiting old town Alexandria as a tourist last week. We started with the egg rolls and gyoza. The egg rolls were pretty standard, but the fried gyoza was one of the best I've had in a while. I had the drunken noodles with shrimp as my main dish for lunch, and I really enjoyed it. The service was good and quick. The prices are reasonable.

This place hit the spot.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ShermanTRVLtheWRLD
Jumpin' all over the world
“Still haven't found excellent Thai food in Old Town”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

This restaurant opened where Thai Old Town used to be -- it's unclear if it's the same owners or not, but they completely changed the decor, which is more upscale now. The food and service were both just average, nothing exciting or wonderful. I doubt we'd bother going back again.

Visited December 2012