“Superior Food and Service”
Review of Del Ray Cafe

Del Ray Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Del Ray Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 765 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: From the owners of La Bergerie, a French cafe serving local, natural, and organic products.
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I throughly enjoyed my lunch at Del Ray Cafe. The atmosphere is like home, because it is a renovated a single family home. The food is delicious, and the portions are perfect; not too big and not too small...just right. The Angus Burger was the best burger I ate in a long time. The servers were attentive and funny. I enjoyed myself.

Allison D, Public Relations Manager at Del Ray Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review!

There are newer reviews for Del Ray Cafe

Reviewed January 10, 2013

It is located in a neighborhood and I love the way the home was converted into a restaurant. It is bright and has a comfortable feeling. Also the food is outstanding!

Keep in mind that on the weekends, they serve a brunch menu which was just delicious!

Allison D, Guest Relations Manager at Del Ray Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

So happy you enjoyed your experience - thank you for writing such a nice review!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

My family had a private event here in December and the food was very good.
We arranged to have a private room upstairs. We spent well over $1000.00 on the food.
We were billed $125 for the room, even though we had been told when we ordered the food ahead of time,they would waive the room fee.
I called to try to straighten it out, and the hostess said " I don't know when the owner will be here. He just sort of comes and goes."
So if you make arrangements with this place, get it in writing.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Four of us had dinner at the Del Ray Cafe on December 28. It was our first visit.
It is a funky old house on a side street with the kitchen right inside the front door. Good for watching two hard working chefs.
We sat in a small room upstairs with three tables.
The service was great and the food was better. The Caesar salad is deconstructed but nicely dress. Two had the vegetable risotto and it really was very good. My rotisserie chicken was a tad overdone while the pork chop was just right.
Wine is served in little carafes but a bottle is a better deal.
All in all, a really nice dinner that was unpretentious, well priced and a good time.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Alright, I know this place is new and I give the chef ample credit. My lamp osso bucco was great - so tender, with a marvelous brown sauce. But the upstairs "dining" room felt like the bunk beds were missing. Or it felt like a breakfast place at the beach with checkered napkins rolled around cutlery as the only thing on the table. For the price I paid, surely they could throw a tablecloth on the table. We had four waiters, who were kind, but not attentive. Maybe they were exhausted from taking the stairs too much. All in all, it was fine. Del Ray Cafe just need to develop more and not be so spartan.