All reviews free laundry front desk full kitchen original hotel nice furniture burner stove close to mount vernon room was spacious minute drive would stay again dishwasher unit drawers
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Big thanks to Audrey who was my guardian angel. I was running tight on a meeting in DC and the cab she called was taking forever. She was just getting off work and offered to take me there. I tried to give her money but she wanted none of it.

To top it all off, I then left a special remembrance book in my room and Audrey knew it was me and they made special efforts to reach out to me and mail back.

So that is just me, but while waiting for the cab I witnessed how much she loved her job, each guest and pet by greeting them with enthusiasm. And the 45 minute right she shared with me how much she loves what she does and I heard stories exemplifying how capable she is as well. It takes a hearty and strong soul to take the night shift and double shifts and be willing to drive that far to work in traffic. She is truly selfless. And I was blessed to have met her.

Ok.... and the rooms were up to date, clean, stocked and an amazing pizza place right around the corner I was clued into.

I will be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Kyle E, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear JodiR,

Thank you for such a wonderful review of the Candlewood Suites Fort Belvoir. We are glad you enjoyed you stay with us. I will definitely congratulate Audrey for the outstanding service she was able to offer you. It is always important to go above and beyond for every one of our guest. I’m pleased that she was able to do that for you. If you travels ever bring you back to Alexandria, VA we would be more than happy to accommodate you.

Kindest Regards,
Kyle L English

Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is my second time staying at a Candlewood Suite property. Both times I have stayed for at least 2-4 weeks at a time. The rooms have always been prepared and clean, along with friendly staff. Currently, I am at this location and I found out it was a new building that was just built 8 months ago. I am very well pleased with Candlewood's management, service, and convenient locations to my trainings. I strongly suggest this hotel to anyone seeking a hotel for a period longer than 2 nights.

Room Tip: There's not a restaurant and a swimming pool associated with this property, so I had to rate it low, but if I was given a choice I wouldnt've rated it at all to keep from misleading you all.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Danielle S, Manager at Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Dear thejazzylady,

Thank you for such a wonderful review! We are extremely happy that you are pleased with our services as we do strive to be most accommodating to our guests. We will look forward to your next stay at the Candlewood Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir. Thanks again!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

The room was very comfortable and cozy! The bed was fresh, clean and soft. Ooh, the recliner was a plus as well.
KUDOS to all the staff (Kyle, Irine, Freddy and Marcus B. aka "Cookie Man")!! I truly enjoyed my stay at your facility. The natural fruit flavored water and the warm Otis Spunkmeyer cookies were great too.
If I am ever in the area again, your facility will be my FIRST choice! It is in a good location for quick access to food and groceries stores down the street.

Great work Candlewood staff!
Signed....
Mrs. B aka "Cookie Lady"

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Danielle S, Manager at Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Traveler4Life2010,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay and the amenities that we have to offer. The Otis Spunk Meyer cookies are most delicious and all of our guests seem to love them. We look forward to your return to the Candlewood Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir the next time that you are in the area!

Danielle Smith
Operations Manager

Reviewed May 18, 2013

stayed 2 months and started to feel like home. staff and manager were great and very Receptive and egar to help out. Kyle and Marcus were very friendly very well stocked room with almost everything a person would need for their stay. only thing that I missed was a pool or hot tub to relaxin. other than that I would recommend this hotel to any one in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear phatnic8,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of the Candlewood Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir. We strive to provide stellar customer service and we’re glad we were able to meet your expectations. The next time you are in the area we look forward to being your “home away from home.”

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Lots of great facilities including, a gym, a barbecue area (with tools you can loan) a mini-kitchen DVD lending library & even toys for the kids.
The in room mini-kitchen was compact but included a fridge freezer, hob and microwave as well as a dishwasher (larger suites I think have an oven) it was great not to have to eat out every day.
The cleaning staff were great and even though it's advertised as a weekly service their were fresh towels daily.
Great place to stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear NicolaWhit,

Thank you for you kind review of your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir. We’re glad that you were able to utilize our in suite kitchens. It is definitely a plus and healthier option to not have to eat out every day. The next time you are in the area, we hope you will choose us for your lodging needs!