Holiday Inn Alexandria at Carlyle(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$106
$93
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $135/night.

Best Western Mount Vernon/Ft. Belvoir(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$112
$89
$83
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $108/night.

$98
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $137/night.

$121
$112
Kimpton
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of $182/night.

Hilton Alexandria Mark Center(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$115
$107
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Hilton Alexandria Old Town(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$93
$84
Hilton.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of $137/night.

$134
$129
Autograph
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of $199/night.

$139
$122
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $182/night.

SpringHill Suites Alexandria Old Town/Southwest(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$121
$107
SpringHill Suites
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $143/night.

All reviewsfree laundryfront deskfull kitchenoriginal hotelnice furnitureburner stoveclose to mount vernonstayed for one nightroom was spaciousminute drivewould stay againdishwasherunitdrawers
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I was told I was going to get a call from management about my stay last week at this Hotel. So since I did not, I am left with the assumption that they did not care about what happened.

What started out as a pretty good experience ended in a bit of a nightmare. The last day I was awakened to someone banging on the door at 7 a.m. (even though I had the ‘Do not disturb’ sign on the door), and before I could even cross the room I heard the door start to open (I’m in my drawers and nothing else now) so I catch the door and push it, to which what I got was a shove BACK against me! I had to SHOVE the door hard as ‘someone’ was trying to come in no matter what! After struggling against the door I poked my head out and it was the maid! I asked if I could help her, and she motioned to her clipboard and said “Clean Room” and started to push against the door AGAIN! I pointed at the “Do not disturb sign” and said the words; “Do not disturb” which was answered with a slew of Spanish, to which I asked if she spoke English and was told “Pokeeto”. I pointed again at the Do not disturb sign, and she still did not seem to understand, so I just closed the door and latched it, and called the front desk to which I was told “oh, sorry”.

Now, as if that was not enough, I booked two rooms for 3 days apiece. The first two days of one room was using my reward points, the last day I just charged to a card. This was apparently too much for the guy running the front desk who came to my room while most of us were out eating breakfast and told my son that we had to leave as we were past checkout time (now mind you, I had that room with a confirmed and signed reservation for the additional day). Before we could even make it back he went back to harass my son AGAIN and told him that we needed to “GET OUT!” When I returned to the Hotel to talk with the man, he was very confused and seemed to be looking for an argument. He did not seem to understand that I had the room reserved for an additional night. He had BOTH reservations in his HANDS and was telling me that the room was already reserved….after arguing with the man for 10 or so minutes trying to convince him that he was confused, I literally had to use the papers he was holding in his own hands and SHOW him that the person that he was waiting on to show up for the next reservation WAS in fact ME!! To which all I got was a curt, “Oh, I made a mistake.” No apology. Nothing. To top it off? I then found out from the late shift person that he told her that she needed to charge my reward points for the additional night. Luckily she called me to confirm and I had to go through the whole thing again. Unbelievable.

I found out that the whole maid thing (which was freaking BIZARRE beyond words, why would you try and force yourself into someone’s room like that??!!) Was due to the clueless front desk guy telling her that she had to clean the room since we were checking out….uh, at 7 am in the dang morning?? (Even if I didn't have the room for another night, checkout is at noon!)

If you DO decide to stay, the rooms are REALLY nice. Good luck with the other guests though, there were a lot of those contractor dudes there so the parking lot filled up with big trucks and the Hotel hallways with large, loud yelling, drunks by about 8 pm to whenever they passed out (which for us was around midnight). Of course the staff did nothing to stop it. I don’t think I’d recommend this one….too much hassle.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Rod22485
Kyle E, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion about the Candlewood Suites. Our goal is to ensure each guest's satisfaction and I am saddened to hear that we did not meet your expectation. I would like the opportunity to discuss this in detail with you so please give me a call on 703 780 1111 or email kyle.english@baywoodhotels.com.
I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

The management team at this location is first rate. Their sincerity in making sure that all of their guess needs are meant is phenomenal! Irene and Kyle make guest comfort and affordability a priority. I would recommend this Candlewood to any and all that are either a short pr long term stay. The Smalls Family.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your review. We understand that outstanding service starts with your initial contact with the hotel, be it over the phone or in person. I am delighted to hear that you were provided outstanding service. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. Thanks again.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

I come to Fort Belvoir and the DC area quite often for work but did not know there was a Candlewood Suites nearby. I found this one and will definitely be back when I am in the area. My room was fantastic - clean, spacious, very well laid out for business. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. I knew the stay would be good when I checked in. Rita at the front desk was awesome; she could tell I was tired from the trip and did everything to make me feel welcome and appreciated. All hotels should have a "Rita" at the front desk!

Room Tip: I was in 201 and it was sound proof...did not know anyone else was around or anyone was outside.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Kyle E, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear HogDad5,

Thank you for your review of the Candlewood Suites. It is wonderful to hear that Rita was able to make you stay enjoyable. I will make sure to praise her for the job well done! Please visit us again in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed at the hotel while recuperating from surgery and had a wonderful experience there. The hotel is extremely clean. The cleaning staff was so friendly and helpful to us. The front desk woman actually helped me to the room because I couldn't walk very well. And when we needed things that couldn't be reached in the kitchen, they came to help. And one cleaning person helped us with our bags to the car as we left. Couldn't have asked for a nicer place. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: All rooms are good but the end room on the top floor is the quietest : )
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Laura v,
Thank you for your kind words of the Candlewood Suites and our staff. We are glad we helped you in the of your need. It is our standards to go above and beyond for our entire guest. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have been staying here on and off since the hotel opened. I keep returning to this hotel due to the superior staff and service. When you check in ask for Audrey or Rita they both have the best customer service I have encountered in a while, they are always Customer First. A new manager is on board and his attitude is what does the customer need to return. They hired a trained staff from the start so they seem to have avoided growing pains. I have several more trips planned in the near future and so far I have already booked one. So come meet the best customer service Audrey and Rita are there to make your stay worth it.

Room Tip: 3rd floor south facing has the best sun and to keep the drapes open no one can look in but you can enjoy the night sky.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Kyle E, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Jay M,

Thank you for your review of the Candlewood suites! We are delighted and honored to have you as our guest. We will continue to strive and provide the best service possible to you and all our guest.
We are getting ready to start a continental breakfast for our guest and we look forward to seeing you soon. I will make sure to praise Audrey and Rita for the outstanding service they provide.

Regards,