“Great custard”

Ranked #13 of 32 Dessert in Alexandria
Description: Telephone (703) 549-4527
Description: Telephone (703) 549-4527
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Great custard, bring your cash, they charge extra for credit card purchases. The line moves quickly, but there's not a lot of seating so if you go in a group larger than two you may be out of luck. The custard is fantastic though so any cramped seating is made up for, perfect for a hot Virginia afternoon.

There are newer reviews for The Creamery

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Tons of choices. I wish they had a buffet! I tried the coconut cinnamon caramel cracker and it was really, really good. Did I say it was really, really good?? I would definitely recommend.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We found the variety of ice cream flavours to be satisfactory (hoped for more in the frozen yogurt section, though). I had the raspberry cheesecake and found it delicious. The rest of the family were all satisfied with their ice cream choices.
We've had better ice cream, but this is a pretty good choice to take out for a walk around the downtown core or waterfront of Alexandria after eating in one of the restaurants nearby.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

While there was a very nice server, the ice cream was lackluster. It was creamy, but not so flavorful. I had a cup of chocolate chip cookie dough, and both the chocolate chips and the cookie dough were extremely sparse. My husband had a twist of chocolate/vanilla custard and the taste made him wish for a Rita's (chain) nearby. I was hoping for something much more given the $13 for the large twist and the medium cup I ordered. It is hard to dislike any ice cream, but I was just not charmed. The place also looks a little rundown for the area.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Great variety of flavors, quick service on a busy summer night. Reasonably priced. You can sample before buying.